Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
admit ages answer apostles appear argument assertion attempt attended authority become believe body called cause character Christ church circumstances common conduct consequence consider correspondent course death Deist Deity divine doctrine doubt Editor effects equally established evidence examine existence expect fact faith feel Freethinking Christians future give given hand holy hope human ideas important instance Jesus knowledge known laws letter living look Lord Magazine mankind manner matter means mind moral nature necessary never object observations opinion original persons possess practice preaching present priests principles produce prove question readers reason received religion remarks respect revelation scriptures shew society spirit suppose surely teach Testament thing thought tion true truth virtue whole wish writer
413. oldal - But rise and stand upon thy feet; for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee.
104. oldal - And now I say unto you, Refrain from these men, and let them alone; for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought ; but if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it ; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God.
327. oldal - Woe unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites ! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness. Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.
155. oldal - Holy Scripture containeth all things necessary to salvation : so that whatsoever is not read therein, nor may be proved thereby, is not to be required of any man, that it should be believed as an article of faith, or be thought requisite or necessary to salvation.
324. oldal - But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men : for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer : therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
325. oldal - Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where was a synagogue of the Jews: and Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures...
538. oldal - Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?
100. oldal - Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, which was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people: And how the chief priests and our rulers delivered him to be condemned to death, and have crucified him.