Sermons, on a Number of Connected Subjects: In which an Attempt is Made to Explain the Leading Principles of Revealed Religion; to Show Their Consistency, Reasonableness and Importance; and to Guard Them Against Dangerous Misconstructions and False Inferences, and Against the Specious Objections of Unbelievers
Oliver D. Cooke; Lincoln and Gleason, printers, 1803 - 436 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
according actions answer apostle appears assurance attend believe benevolence called cause certainly character Christ christians commandment common concerning condemnation consider contrary converted created creatures darkness death depravity desire disposition divine doctrine duty earth effect election eternal evident evil express faith Father fear feel flesh give given glory God's gospel grace ground hand happiness hath heart heaven hence holiness hope implies iniquity Jesus Christ John justice kind knowledge known light live Lord mankind manner matter means mind moral nature necessary never object observed perfect persons present principle promises punishment reason regard repentance respect righteousness saints salvation saved Saviour says scripture seek seen sense sinners sins soul speak spirit supposed thee things thou thought tion true truth turn understand understood universal unto whole wicked wrath
196. oldal - I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. For I delight in the law of God after the inward man; but I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
398. oldal - My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee, so that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding; yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding ; if thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures ; then shalt thou understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God.
116. oldal - And the Lord said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God and escheweth evil?
394. oldal - When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us: and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are...
332. oldal - Ye rulers of the people, and elders of Israel, if we this day be examined of the good deed done to the impotent man, by what means he is made whole ; be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
55. oldal - These things hast thou done, and I kept silence; Thou thoughtest that I was altogether such an one as thyself : But I will reprove thee, and set them in order before thine eyes. " Now consider this, ye that forget God, Lest I tear you in pieces, and there be none to deliver.
362. oldal - My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me : And I give unto them eternal life ; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My father which gave them me is greater than all ; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
62. oldal - See now that I, even I, am he, And there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: Neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.
405. oldal - Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest. For wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.
76. oldal - At what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, and to pull down, and to destroy it; if that nation, against whom I have pronounced, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them.