Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
action affection anatomy animal appears applied artery attention become believe blood body called cause character circumstances complete condition consequence considerable considered constitution contains continued course cure death described direct disease employed entirely especially examination excitement existence experience extended fact fluid frequently give given hand heart Hospital important increased indicated induced inflammation influence interesting kidney known less light matter means medicine mercury nature never notice object observed occurred operation opinion organ origin pain passed patient period persons physician placenta plant portion practice present principles probably produced proved quantity question readers reason regarded relation remarks remedies Report respect says seems seen sometimes sufficient symptoms tion treated treatment true tumour usually various vessels wound writers
168. oldal - DO not do unto others as you would that they should do unto you.
168. oldal - Oh how unlike the complex works of man, Heaven's easy, artless, unencumber'd plan ! No meretricious graces to beguile, No clustering ornaments to clog the pile ; From ostentation, as from weakness, free, It stands like the cerulean arch we see, Majestic in its own simplicity. Inscribed above the portal, from afar Conspicuous as the brightness of a star, Legible only by the light they give, Stand the soul-quickening words — BELIEVE, AND LIVE.
20. oldal - The golden rule of doing to others as we would be done by can surely reach the most untutored intellect.
551. oldal - Professor Owen's Lectures on the Comparative Anatomy and Physiology of the Vertebrate Animals, delivered at the Royal College of Surgeons in 1844 and 1846.
241. oldal - MOORE.— THE POWER OF THE SOUL OVER THE BODY. Considered in relation to Health and Morals. By George Moore, MD Memher of the Royal College of Physicians, etc. Fifth Edition. Fcap. Svo. 6t. cloth . MOORE.— THE USE OF THE BODY IN RELATION TO THE MIND.
223. oldal - MATERIA MEDICA AND THERAPEUTICS ; including the Preparations of the Pharmacopoeias of London, Edinburgh, Dublin, and of the United States. With many new Medicines. Edited by Joseph Carson, MD, Professor of Materia Medica and Pharmacy in the University of Pennsylvania.
107. oldal - A TREATISE on the DISEASES of CHILDREN: with Directions for the Management of Infants from the Birth.
331. oldal - DISEASES OF THE HEART. Lectures on Subjects connected with Clinical Medicine; comprising Diseases of the Heart. By PM LATHAM, MD, Physician Extraordinary to the Queen ; and late Physciian to St.
432. oldal - Its form is more irregular than the preceding, and its surface is rendered rugged and uneven by the separate rounded cartilaginous formations which protrude as distinct nodules, varying from the size of a pea to that of a cherry : this form is principally observed in flat bones, namely, the ribs, and cranial and pelvic bones, rarely in the cylindrical class. These tumours were formerly confounded with many others occurring in bones, under the various names of spina ventosa, osteo-sarcoma, osteo-steatoma,...