Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Aaron angels appears behold blessed blest blood body brazen altar Canaan celestial cherubims of glory cherubs children of Israel Christ Christian clearly commanded conceive congregation covenant creatures cubits David death declaration Deity devil divine earth emblematic ephod eternal evil Exod Ezekiel faith Father gate globe glorious God's gold happiness hath heart heavenly holy place honour human illustrious incense infinite inhabitants inquiry Israelites Jesus Josephus king Lord Luke Matt mercy mercy-seat mind minister Mosaic Moses Mount Horeb Mount Sinai mountain nature observation offered ordained palm trees paradise perfect priests probationary prove Psalm reason region religion remark Rephidim rubims sacred saith Scripture shewbread shittim wood Solomon souls spirits starry heavens stone sufferings symbolic tabernacle temple thee therein thereof thine things thou shalt tion trials truth Urim Urim and Thummim vail virtue Zoroastres
317. oldal - Millions of spiritual creatures walk the earth Unseen, both when we wake, and when we sleep. All these with ceaseless praise his works behold Both day and night...
218. oldal - And thou, Solomon my son, know thou the God of thy father, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind : for the LORD searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts: if thou seek him, he will be found of thee; but if thou forsake him, he will cast thee off for ever.
342. oldal - ... and saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth : wherein were all manner of four-footed beasts of the earth, and wild beasts and creeping things, and fowls of the air. And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter ; kill, and eat.
388. oldal - The wide, the unbounded prospect, lies before me; But shadows, clouds, and darkness rest upon it. Here will I hold. If there's a power above us (And that there is, all nature cries aloud Through all her works) he must delight in virtue; And that which he delights in must be happy.
151. oldal - Of which salvation the prophets have inquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you : searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
50. oldal - I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me : I girded thee, though thou hast not known me : that they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and •'/••.-• is none else. I form the light, and create darkness : I make peace, and create evil : I the LORD do all these things.
121. oldal - As one who long in populous city pent, Where houses thick and sewers annoy the air, Forth issuing on a summer's morn to breathe Among the pleasant villages and farms Adjoined, from each thing met conceives delight, The smell of grain, or tedded grass, or kine, Or dairy, each rural sight, each rural sound...
355. oldal - And the Lord said unto Moses, Go unto the people, and sanctify them to-day, and to-morrow, and let them wash their clothes ; and be ready against the third day : for the third day the Lord will come down in the sight of all the people upon Mount Sinai.
355. oldal - Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people : for all the earth is mine : and ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation.
337. oldal - And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations: I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.