A New and Complete Universal History of the Holy Bible, from the Creation of the World, to the Full Establishment of Christianity, by Our Blessed Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, and His Holy Evangelists, Apostles, Disciples, &c. ...
J. J. Wilson, and D. Fenton, 1813
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Alexander answer appear Aristobulus army assistance Assyria authority Babylon Blessed Lord brother Cæsar called carried cause Christ command conduct consequence considered continued death delivered Demetrius desired destroyed disciples Divine earth effect Egypt empire enemies entered faith father forces former friends gave give given Gospel greater greatly hand hath heaven Herod Hyrcanus immediately inhabitants Jerusalem Jesus Jews John Jonathan Judea king kingdom land likewise lived manner marched master means Messiah mind miracle Moses multitude nature observed obtained occasion particular pass performed Persians person Pharisees possession present prince promised proper prophecy prophet reason received respect rest returned Roman Saviour says sent sons soon spirit suffer taken temple thee things thou thought tion told took tribes unto whole
465. oldal - Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished. For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on : and they shall scourge him, and put him to death : and the third day he shall rise again.
501. oldal - And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing. And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them: "Verily I say unto you, that this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury: for all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living.
485. oldal - For the vineyard of the Lord of hosts is the house of Israel, and the men of Judah his pleasant plant; and he looked for judgment, but behold oppression; for righteousness, but behold a cry.
277. oldal - And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed; and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.
456. oldal - And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
468. oldal - Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor ; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him four-fold.
454. oldal - Then he said, I pray, thee, therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house ; for I have five brethren ; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
451. oldal - And he answering said to his father, Lo, these many years do I serve thee, neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment : and yet thou never gavest me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends : But as soon as this thy son was come, which hath devoured thy living with harlots, thou hast killed for him the fatted calf.
417. oldal - Go ye up unto this feast: I go not up yet unto this feast; for my time is not yet full come.
384. oldal - Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand : and if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?