The Works of William Smith, D. D.: Late Provost of the College and Academy of Philadelphia, 1. kötet
Hugh Maxwell and William Fry, no. 25, North Second-Street, 1803
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
appear attend become better blessed body brethren called character Christ Christian College concerning consider continued dead death delivered divine duty earth eternal eyes faith father fire forever friends future give given glory grace grave hand happiness hath head heart Heaven holy honour hope human improvement interest judge Judgment kind king knowledge labour land laws learned liberty light live look Lord mankind manner masters mind nature never occasion ourselves period philosophy pleasure prepared present proper reason received religion respect rise scene schools Sermon soul speak spirit stand thee things thou thought tion true truth unto virtue voice whole wisdom youth
36. oldal - AND I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud : and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire : 2 And he had in his hand a little book open: and he set his right foot upon the sea, and his left foot on the earth...
165. oldal - Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit; for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
149. oldal - But of that day and hour knoweth no man ; no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
149. oldal - The Son of Man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity ; and shall cast them into a furnace of fire ; there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
145. oldal - Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him.
70. oldal - Behold, the people of the children of Israel are more and mightier than we: come on, let us deal wisely with them ; lest they multiply, and it come to pass, that, when there falleth out any war, they join also unto our enemies, and fight against us, and...
71. oldal - And the Lord said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art, northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward : for all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.
36. oldal - And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer...
126. oldal - This also cometh forth from the Lord of hosts, who is wonderful in counsel, and excellent in working.
6. oldal - The Lord giveth, and the Lord ' taketh away ; blessed be the name of the Lord.