« ElőzőTovább »
8. An Act to continue until the Twenty fifth Day of July One thousand eight hundred and twenty four, and from thence to the End of the then next Session of Parliament, an Act made in the Fifty fourth Year of His late Majesty, for rendering the Payment of Creditors more equal and expeditious in Scotland. Page 7 9. An Act to repeal the Rates, Duties and Taxes payable in respect of Male Servants, Horses, Carriages and Dogs in Ireland. Ibid. 10. An Act to rectify a Mistake in an Act, intituled An Act for making and maintaining certain Roads and Bridges in the Counties of Lanark and Dumbarton, in so far as relates to the Application of certain Exchequer Bills therein mentioned. 10 11. An Act for repealing certain of the Duties of Assessed Taxes; for reducing certain other of the said Duties; and for relieving Persons who have compounded for the same.
12. An Act for the regulating of His Majesty's Royal Marine Forces while on Shore.
13. An Act for punishing Mutiny and Desertion; and for the better Payment of the Army and their Quarters.
26 14. An Act to continue for Five Years, and from thence until the End of the then next Session of Parliament, Two Acts made in the Forty seventh and Fiftieth Years of the Reign of His late Majesty King George the Third, for the preventing improper Persons from having Arms in Ireland.
39 15. An Act to continue for Five Years, and from thence until the End of the then next Session of Parliament, and to amend the Laws relating to Yeomanry Corps, in Ireland.
Ibid. 16. An Act to explain so much of the General Turnpike Act, as relates to the Toll payable on Carriages laden with Lime for the Improvement of Land.
17. An Act to repeal certain Provisions of an Act passed in the Third Year of His present Majesty, intituled An Act to amend certain Provisions of the Twenty sixth of George the Second, for the better preventing of clandestine Marriages.
18. An Act concerning the Disposition of certain Property of His Majesty, His Heirs and Successors.
19. An Act for further regulating the Reduction of the National Debt.
20. An Act for fixing the Rates of Subsistence to be paid to Innkeepers and others on quartering Soldiers.
21. An Act for granting and applying certain Sums of Money for the Service of the Year One thousand eight hundred and twenty three. Ibid. 22. An Act to confirm an Agreement entered into by the Trustees under an Act of the last Session of Parliament, for apportioning the Burthen occasioned by the Military and Naval Pensions, and Civil Superannuations, with the Governor and Company of the Bank of England.
53 23. An Act to consolidate the several Boards of Customs, and also. the several Boards of Excise, of Great Britain and Ireland. 58 24. An Act to make more effectual Provision for permitting Goods imported to be secured in Warehouses, or other Places, without Payment of Duty on the first Entry thereof.
25. An Act for regulating the Number of Apprentices to be taken on board British Merchant Vessels; and for preventing the Desertion of Seamen therefrom. Page 112 26. An Act to repeal the Duties on certain Articles, and to provide for the gradual Discontinuance of the Duties on certain other Articles, the Manufacture of Great Britain and Ireland respectively, on their Importation into either Country from the other. 116
27. An Act to amend an Act passed in the Seventh Year of the Reign of His late Majesty King George the Third, respecting Justices of the Quorum in Cities and Towns Corporate. 123 28. An Act for the more speedy Reduction of the Number of Serjeants, Corporals and Drummers in the Militia of Ireland, when not in actual Service. Ibid. 29. An Act to increase the Power of Magistrates, in Cases of Apprenticeships. 124 30. An Act to regulate the Importation and Exportation of certain Articles subject to Duties of Excise, and certain other Articles the Produce or Manufacture of Great Britain and Ireland respectively, into and from either Country from and to
31. An Act to amend an Act passed in the Nineteenth Year of the Reign of His late Majesty King George the Second, intituled An Act more effectually to prevent profane Cursing and Swearing.
32. An Act for the Amendment of the Laws respecting Charitable Loan Societies in Ireland. 132
33. An Act to make more effectual Regulations for the Election, and to secure the Performance of the Duties, of County Treasurers in Ireland.
135 34. An Act to enlarge the Powers of Justices in determining Complaints between Masters and Servants, and between Masters, Apprentices, Artificers and others.
143 35. An Act to enable Trustees or Commissioners under Acts of Parliament to meet and carry such Acts into Execution, although they may not have met according to the Directions of such Acts.
36. An Act to discourage the granting of Leases in Joint Tenancy in Ireland.
Ibid. 37. An Act to amend an Act for the more speedy Return and Levying of Fines, Penalties and Forfeitures, and Recognizances estreated.
38. An Act for settling the Compensation to the Holders of certain Offices in the Courts of Law in Ireland, abolished under an Act passed in the First and Second Years of the Reign of His present Majesty, for regulating the same. 39. An Act to continue an Act of the last Session of Parliament, for allowing a Drawback of the Whole of the Duties of Customs on Brimstone used and consumed in Great Britain in the making and preparing Oil of Vitriol or Sulphuric Acid. 155 40. An Act to amend several Acts for the Regulation of the Linen and Hempen Manufactures in Scotland.
41. An Act for the registering of Vessels. 42, An Act to amend the several Acts for the Assistance of Trade
Trade and Manufactures, and the Support of Commercial Credit, in Ireland.
Page 183 43. An Act to regulate the Amount of Presentments by Grand Juries, for Payment of the Public Officers of the several Counties in Ireland.
44. An Act to repeal the Duties and Drawbacks on Barilla imported into the United Kingdom, and to grant other Duties and Drawbacks in lieu thereof.
45. An Act for allowing Persons to compound for their Assessed Taxes for the Remainder of the Periods of Composition limited by former Acts; and for giving Relief in certain Cases therein mentioned. 192 46. An Act for repealing the Capital Punishments inflicted by several Acts of the Sixth and Twenty seventh Years of King George the Second, and of the Third, Fourth and Twenty second Years of King George the Third; and for providing other Punishments in lieu thereof, and in lieu of the Punishment of Frame breaking under an Act of the Twenty-eighth Year of the same Reign.
47. An Act for authorizing the Employment at Labour, in the Colonies, of Male Convicts under Sentence of Transportation.
203 48. An Act for enabling Courts to abstain from pronouncing Sentence of Death in certain Capital Felonies. 49. An Act for regulating Turnpike Roads in that Part of Great Britain called Scotland. 207 50. An Act for the rebuilding of London Bridge, and for improving and making suitable Approaches thereto. 247
51. An Act to encourage the Consumption of Beer; and to amend the Laws for securing the Excise Duties thereon. 307 52. An Act to alter and amend the Law relating to the Interment of the Remains of any Person found Felo de se. 320 53. An Act for extending the Benefit of Clergy to several Larcenies therein mentioned. Ibid. 54. An Act for allowing the Benefit of Clergy to Persons convicted of certain Felonies under Two Acts of the Ninth Year of King George the First and of the Twenty seventh Year of King George the Second; for making better Provision for the Punishment of Persons guilty of sending or delivering threatening Letters, and of Assaults with Intent to commit Robbery. 322 55. An Act to consolidate and amend the several Acts now in force, so far as the same relate to the Election and Return of Members to serve in Parliament, for Counties of Cities and Counties of Towns in Ireland.
56. An Act for maintaining in Repair the Military and Parliamentary Roads and Bridges in the Highlands of Scotland, and also certain Ferry Piers and Shipping Quays erected by the Commissioners for Highland Roads and Bridges.
360 57. An Act to defer the Commencement of the Duties and Drawbacks on Barilla, under an Act of this present Session of Parlia
58. An Act to continue, until the First Day of August One thousand eight hundred and twenty four, an Act made in
the last Session of Parliament, for suppressing Insurrections and preventing Disturbances of the Public Peace in Ireland.
59. An Act to defray the Charge of the Pay, Clothing and contingent and other Expences of the Disembodied Militia in Great Britain and Ireland; and to grant Allowances in certain Cases to Subaltern Officers, Adjutants, Quartermasters, Surgeons, Assistant Surgeons, Surgeons' Mates and Serjeant Majors of Militia, until the Twenty fifth Day of March One thousand eight hundred and twenty four. Ibid. 60. An Act for granting to His Majesty a Sum of Money to be raised by Lotteries. 393
61. An Act for the better Administration of Justice in the Court of Chancery in Ireland. 394
62. An Act to repeal the Duties upon Horses let to hire for the Purpose of travelling in Great Britain, and to grant other Duties in lieu thereof; and to provide for letting the same to farm.
443 63. An Act to authorize the Advance of Money by the Commissioners under several Acts for the Issue of Exchequer Bills for Public Works, for the building, rebuilding, enlarging or repairing of Gaols in England.
475 64. An Act for consolidating and amending the Laws relating to the building, repairing and regulating of certain Gaols and Houses of Correction in England and Wales.
476 65. An Act to extend Two Acts of His late Majesty, for Distribution of Prize Money, to all Cases of Capture that have been made by Foreign Ships or Land Forces in Conjunction with His Majesty's Ships or Land Forces.
518 66. An Act to authorize, in certain Cases, the Reduction of the Duties payable in Ireland, and the Alteration of the Duties and Drawbacks on the Importation and Exportation of Goods between Great Britain and Ireland.
67. An Act to declare valid certain Marriages that have been solemnized at St. Petersburgh since the Abolition of the British Factory there.
68. An Act for rectifying Mistakes in the Names of the Land Tax Commissioners, and for appointing additional Commissioners, and indemnifying such Persons as have acted without due Authority in Execution of the Acts therein recited. 69. An Act to repeal certain Duties of Customs in Great Britain, and to grant other Duties in lieu thereof; to grant certain Bounties on Salted Provisions and Silk Manufactures exported; and to make more effectual Regulations for collecting the Duties of Customs. 524 70. An Act for the better Administration of Justice in the Equity Side of the Court of Exchequer in Ireland. 556 71. An Act for defraying the Charge of Retiring Pay, Pensions and other Expences of that Nature, of His Majesty's Forces serving in India; for establishing the Pensions of the Bishop, Archdeacons and Judges; for regulating Ordinations; and for establishing a Court of Judicature at Bombay.
584 72. An Act to repeal the several Duties and Drawbacks of Customs chargeable and allowable in Ireland, on the Importation and
and Exportation of certain Foreign and Colonial Goods, Wares and Merchandize, and to grant other Duties and Drawbacks in lieu thereof, equal to the Duties and Drawbacks chargeable and allowable thereon in Great Britain. Page 592 73. An Act to facilitate the Recovery of Damages for Malicious Injuries to Property in Ireland.
74. An Act for vesting in Commissioners the Bridges now building over the Menai Straits and the River Conway, and the Harbours of Howth and Holyhead, and the Road from Dublin to Howth; and for the further Improvement of the Road from London to Holyhead. 703 75. An Act for enabling His Majesty to inclose Part of Kew Green, and for dividing and extinguishing Rights of Common over certain Lands in the Parish of Kew, in the County of Surrey.
76. An Act for amending the Laws respecting the Solemnization of Marriages in England.
719 77. An Act to authorize His Majesty, under certain Circumstances, to regulate the Duties and Drawbacks on Goods imported or exported in Foreign Vessels; and to exempt certain Foreign Vessels from Pilotage.
728 78. An Act to grant additional Stamp Duties on certain Proceedings in the Court of Chancery and in the Equity Side of the Court of Exchequer in Ireland.
730 79. An Act for building additional Places of Worship in the Highlands and Islands of Scotland.
80. An Act to consolidate and amend the several Laws now in force with respect to Trade from and to Places within the Limits of the Charter of the East India Company, and to make further Provisions with respect to such Trade; and to amend an Act of the present Session of Parliament, for the registering of Vessels, so far as it relates to Vessels registered
741 81. An Act to consolidate and amend the Laws for punishing Mutiny and Desertion of Officers and Soldiers in the Service of the East India Company; and to authorize Soldiers and Sailors in the East Indies to send and receive Letters at a reduced Rate of Postage. 755 82. An Act to authorize for One Year, and from thence to the End of the then next Session of Parliament, the temporary Removal of Convicts from the General Penitentiary. 782 83. An Act for the better Protection of the Property of Merchants and others, who may hereafter enter into Contracts or Agreements in relation to Goods, Wares or Merchandizes intrusted to Factors or Agents.
783 84. An Act to repeal the Laws for regulating Vessels carrying Passengers from the United Kingdom to Foreign Parts, and to make other Provisions in lieu thereof.
785 85. An Act for empowering Commissioners, to be appointed by His Majesty, to enquire into the Forms of Process in the Courts of Law in Scotland, and the Course of Appeals from the Court of Sessions to the House of Lords. 86. An Act to amend the Laws for collecting Church Rates, and Money advanced by the Trustees and Commissioners of the