Reports of Cases in Law and Equity, Argued and Determined in the Supreme Court of the State of Georgia, in the Year ..., 56. kötet
Edward O. Jenkins, 1877
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
action administrator affidavit affirmed agent agreed alleged allowed amendment amount answer appear application assigned authority bank bill bond brought cause charge claim claimant Code Company complainant contract cotton counsel creditors debt decree deed defendant in error defendant's entitled equity et al evidence excepted execution executor facts favor filed Georgia Reports give given granted ground hands held hold injunction interest issue JOHN Judge judgment jury Justice land levy lien matter ment motion notice opinion ordinary paid parties passed payment person plaintiff in error plea pleaded possession present proved purchase question Railroad reason received record recover refused rendered rent reversed road rule sheriff sold statute sued suit Superior Court Term thereof tion trial trust verdict whole wife witness
255. oldal - ... not, for that cause, be deemed to be dissolved ; but it shall be lawful, on any other day, to hold and make an election of directors in such manner as shall have been regulated by the laws and ordinances of the said corporation.
560. oldal - There shall be exempt from levy and sale, by virtue of any process whatever under the laws of this State, except as hereinafter excepted of the property of every head of a family, or guardian, or trustee of a family of minor children, or every aged...
255. oldal - Not less than seven directors shall constitute a board for the transaction of business, of whom the president shall always be one, except in case of sickness, or necessary absence, in which case his place may be supplied by any other director, whom he, by writing under his hand, shall nominate for the purpose.
544. oldal - If the plaintiff by ordinary care could have avoided the consequences to himself caused by the defendant's negligence, he is not entitled to recover. But in other cases, the defendant is not relieved, although the plaintiff may in some way have contributed to the injury sustained.
330. oldal - Broom's Legal Maxims (8th Ed.) 193. This results from the application of the maxim, "Ubi jus ibi remedium," which finds expression in our Code, where it is declared that "for every right there shall be a remedy, and every court having jurisdiction of the one may, if necessary, frame the other.
65. oldal - But the language of the learned Judge who delivered the opinion of the Court in that case is conclusive on the point of a mortgage. "The United States," said he, "are to be first satisfied; but then it must be out of the debtor's estate.
257. oldal - Directors should not be made on any day when pursuant to this Act it ought to have been made, the said Corporation shall not for that cause be deemed to be dissolved, but it...
516. oldal - ... a verdict for the plaintiff for the full amount of the note as it stood.
454. oldal - Respondent moved for a new trial on the grounds that the verdict was contrary to the weight of the evidence, that it was a compromise verdict, and that the damages allowed were inadequate.
239. oldal - That no statements, promises or information made or given by or to the person soliciting or taking this application for a policy, or by or to any other person, shall be binding on the company, or in any manner affect its rights, unless such statements, promises or information be reduced to writing, and presented to the officers of the company, at the home office, in this application.