Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
angels ANON appears beam bear bless blest bliss blood breast breath bright cheer CHRISTIAN clouds dark dear death delight dying earth earthly eternal ev'ry face fair faith Father fear feel fire flow foes friends give gloom glorious glory grace grave grief hand happiness harp hath hear heart heaven heavenly holy hope hour Jesus King land leave life's light live look Lord mark meet mind morn mortal mourn nature never night o'er once pain path peace pleasure pow'r praise prayer reigns rest rise roll sacred saints Saviour scenes shine sigh sight sing skies smile song soon sorrow soul sound spirit star storm stream sweet tear tell thee thine thou thou art thought throne voice wave weep winds wings
160. oldal - The world recedes: it disappears! Heaven opens on my eyes! my ears With sounds seraphic ring: Lend, lend your wings! I mount! I fly! O Grave! where is thy Victory? O Death! where is thy Sting.
36. oldal - So shall my walk be close with God, Calm and serene my frame ; So purer light shall mark the road, That leads me to the Lamb.
171. oldal - They sin who tell us Love can die, With life all other passions fly, All others are but vanity. In Heaven Ambition cannot dwell, Nor Avarice in the vaults of Hell ; Earthly these passions of the Earth, They perish where they have their birth ; But Love is indestructible. Its holy flame for ever burneth, From Heaven it came, to Heaven returneth...
46. oldal - But through it there roll'd not the breath of his pride; And the foam of his gasping lay white on the turf, And cold as the spray of the rock-beating surf. And there lay the rider distorted and pale, With the dew on his brow and the rust on his mail: And the tents were all silent, the banners alone, The lances unlifted, the trumpet unblown.
80. oldal - Ye fearful saints, fresh courage take ; The clouds ye so much dread Are big with mercy, and shall break In blessings on your head.
46. oldal - And the widows of Ashur are loud in their wail, And the idols are broke in the temple of Baal ; And the might of the Gentile, unsmote by the sword, Hath melted like snow in the glance of the Lord...
68. oldal - twere not in joy to charm me, Were that joy unmix'd with Thee. 5 Soul, then know thy full salvation; Rise o'er sin, and fear, and care; Joy to find in every station, Something still to do or bear.
21. oldal - Prayer is the burden of a sigh, The falling of a tear, The upward glancing of an eye, When none but God is near. 3. Prayer is the simplest form of speech That infant lips can try ; — Prayer, the sublimest strains that reach The Majesty on high. 4. Prayer is the Christian's vital breath, The Christian's native air ; His watchword at the gates of death, — He enters heaven with prayer. 5. Prayer is the contrite sinner's voice, Returning from his ways ; While angels in their songs rejoice, And cry,...