Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
2dly Aberystwith admiration afterwards antient appears ascribes beauty Beeston Castle Book Bristol Channel Burke Cader Idris Cardigan Bay chapter character Cicero composition confess criticism delight Demosthenes derived distinction doctrine Dunciad effect eloquence emotions endeavours Epicureans Essay evil evinces excellence excite exhibit expression exquisite fancy feelings Finished Flat Holmes force former genius happy heights History honestum Horace human Hurd's idea images imagination imitation impressions interest Johnson judgment labours Letter Livy Llanidloes Looked Lord Lorenzo de Medici maintains manner masterly Memoirs Merionethshire miles mind moral narrative nature nihil objects observes occasion original pain passage passions perusal philosophy picturesque pleasing pleasure Plinlimmon Poem Poet Poetry political Pope's principles Pursued qualities racter reason regarded Regicide remarks respect scene sect seems sense sensibility sentiments shew Soame Jenyns spirit sublime suppose surely taste thing tion truth vale of Clwyd virtue Warton's whole
236. oldal - We, that are of purer fire, Imitate the starry quire ; Who, in their nightly watchful spheres, Lead in swift round the months and years.
114. oldal - ... if commerce and the arts should be lost in an experiment to try how well a state may stand without these old fundamental principles, what sort of a thing must be a nation of gross, stupid, ferocious, and at the same time, poor and sordid barbarians, destitute of religion, honour, or manly pride, possessing nothing at present, and hoping for nothing hereafter?
103. oldal - I mean by the word Taste no more than that faculty or those faculties of the mind, which are affected with, or which form a judgment of, the works of imagination and the elegant arts.
68. oldal - Systems in many respects resemble machines. A machine is a little system, created to perform, as well as to connect together, in reality, those different movements and effects which the artist has occasion for. A system is an imaginary machine invented to connect together in the fancy those different movements and effects which are already in reality performed.
237. oldal - With store of Ladies, whose bright eyes Rain influence, and judge the prize Of Wit, or Arms, while both contend To win her Grace, whom all commend.
9. oldal - In short, all the symptoms which I have ever met with in History, previous to great Changes and Revolutions in Government, now exist and daily increase in France."/ Chapter III — Viaticum.
123. oldal - Laughing is as much out of fashion as pantins or bilboquets. Good folks, they have no time to laugh. There is God and the King to be pulled down first; and men and women, one and all, are devoutly employed in the demolition. They think me quite profane, for having any belief left.
237. oldal - Rain influence, and judge the prize Of wit or arms, while both contend To win her grace, whom all commend. There let Hymen oft appear In saffron robe, with taper clear, And pomp, and feast, and revelry, With mask, and antique pageantry; Such sights as youthful poets dream On summer eves by haunted stream.