A Defence of the Trinitatian System, in Twenty-four Sermons: In which the Leading Controversial Points Between Trinitarians and Anti-Trinitarians are Stated and Discussed
Williams, 1822 - 336 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
A Defence of the Trinitatian System, in Twenty-Four Sermons: In Which the ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2017
according acknowledge Acts admitted ancient answer Anti-Trinitarians apostle appears argument authenticity authority bear believe Bible called cause century character Christ Christian church complete concerning considered contained Deity deny discourse distinct divine doctrine doubt earth effect essence established eternal evidence existence express fact faith Father favor fully give given glory Greek manuscripts ground hands hath heart heaven Holy Ghost human important inspiration Jesus Christ John learned light living Lord manuscripts means mentioned mind moral nature necessary never operations opinion opponent opposition Orthodox passage Paul perfections Person present proper prove question reading reason relation respect sacred saith says Scrip Scriptures sense sermons sinners soul speak Spirit stand sufficient Testament testimony things tion translation Trinitarian Trinity true truth Unity unto verse versions witness writers
160. oldal - Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth : for he shall not speak of himself ; but whatsoever he shall hear that shall he speak : and he will show you things to come.
186. oldal - For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, GOD shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book : and if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, GOD shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
21. oldal - For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness in earth, the spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
253. oldal - For He hath put all things under His feet. But when He saith all things are put under Him, it is manifest that He is excepted which did put all things under Him. And when all things shall be subdued unto Him, then shall the Son also Himself be subject unto Him that put all things under Him, that God may be all in all.
230. oldal - If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, the same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb...
253. oldal - ... .which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places., (far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named not only in this world, but also in that which is to come,) and hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.
168. oldal - Behold, the nations are as a drop of a bucket, and are counted as the small dust of the balance : behold, he taketh up the isles as a very little thing.
250. oldal - And when the Lord saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I. And he said draw not nigh hither : put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground.
64. oldal - Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.