Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
able afterwards answered appears appointed archbishop authority became began Beza bishop body brought called Calvin cause charge Christ Christian church comfort concerning conference continued council court death desire died divinity doctor doctrine England English excellent faith father favour France friends gave Geneva give given GOD's gospel grace hand hath heart holy honour Italy Jesus John king kingdom knowledge labours Latin learned leave letter lived London Lord manner master means mind minister never observed occasion opinion Oxford Papists person prayer preached preacher present prince printed Protestant published queen reason received Reformation religion says sent sermon shewed soon soul spirit taken things thought tion took translated true truth unto whole writing wrote
115. oldal - For I have received of the Lord, that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus, the same night in which he was betrayed, took bread: and when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
504. oldal - When thou hast done, thou has not done, For I have more. Wilt thou forgive that sin which I have won Others to sin, and made my sin their door? Wilt thou forgive that sin which I did shun A year or two, but wallowed in a score? *° When thou hast done, thou hast not done, For I have more.
296. oldal - My Lord, when I lost the freedom of my cell, which was my college; yet, I found some degree of it in my quiet country parsonage : but I am weary of the noise and oppositions of this place, and indeed God and nature did not intend me for contentions, but for study and quietness.
276. oldal - For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted.
432. oldal - I take my subjects' money, when I want it, without all this formality of parliament?' The bishop of Durham readily answered, ' God forbid, sir, but you should : you are the breath of our nostrils.
368. oldal - My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips : When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.
507. oldal - It hath been my desire, and God may be pleased to grant it, that I might die in the pulpit ; if not that, yet that I might take my death in the pulpit; that is, die the sooner by occasion of those labours.
277. oldal - An admonition to the people of England: Wherein are answered, not onely the slaunderous vntruethes, reprochfully vttered by MARTIN the Libeller, but also many other Crimes by some of his broode, objected generally against all Bishops, and the chiefe of the Cleargie, purposely to deface and discredite the present state of the Church, [fan.
415. oldal - ... standing before the throne of God and the Lamb, in white robes, and palms in their hands, crying with a loud voice, Salvation to God, that sitteth upon the throne, and to the Lamb, for ever and ever...
415. oldal - I look to get entry into the New Jerusalem, at " one of those twelve gates, whereupon are written the " names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel. " I know that Christ Jesus hath prepared them for me. " Why may I not then, with boldness in his blood, step " into that glory, where my Head and Lord hath gone " before me ? Jesus Christ is the door, and the porter ; " who then shall hold me out...