« ElőzőTovább »
12. "And the Lord said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the Lord."
Part of verse 3. "And still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause."
4. "And Satan answered the Lord, and said, Skin for skin, yea, all that a man hath, will he give for his life."
5. "But put forth thine hand now, and touch his bone and his flesh, and he will curse thee to thy face."
6. "And the Lord said unto Satan, Behold, he is in thy hand; but save his life."
7. "So went Satan forth from the presence of the Lord, and smote Job with sore boils from the sole of his foot unto his crown."
[This whole chapter I must desire to be read through; for the words that the Lord said unto Job, He meant for the devil.]
Verse 1 Hitherto shalt thou come, but no farther and here shall thy proud waves be stayed."
2. "Shall he that contendeth with the Almighty instruct him? He that reproveth God, let him answer it."
REVELATION, CHAPTER XII.
10. "And I heard a loud voice, saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our GOD, and the power of his CHRIST; for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night."
11. "And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony: and they loved not their lives unto the death."
12. "Therefore rejoice, ye heavens and ye that dwell in them. WoE to the inhabiters of the earth, and of the sea: for the devil is come down unto you having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time."
13. "And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child."
Here I was answered from the Book of Job"That as Satan disputed against Job, so he hath against all men, and brought sore boils of affliction upon all mankind. But there stands the type of Satan's fall; for I said, there should his proud waves be stayed. When the woman cometh to be tried like the man, which you have in the Revelation of St. John. The answer I gave Job was meant for Satan: for I said, he that reproveth ME, let him answer it. Job did not reprove ME, nor his friends; for they simply thought they were pleading for their God. So I was not reproved by man, but by Satan; who, after, spoke in Job's wife, and Job reproved the devil in her. Now, in the woman I am come to reprove Satan, and here shall his proud waves be stayed; for hitherto hath been my permission; but further is my restraint; (that meaneth, he was restrained from coming any further than by temptations) for as I told thee in the beginning, I now tell thee again, thy friends have been like Job's friends: because they could not account for the manner of my strange directions to thec. They are sometimes silent, and when they have spoken, they have spoken wrong; because they could not find out the council of the Lord, nor the depth of Satan's arts. But now be it known un
to thee and unto all men, with as many words and ways as he came against Job, with so many more he hath come against the; therefore, I let him try thee to the utmost:-I let him tell thee lies, to show him the sincerity of thy heart, that thou wouldest not prophesy in my name, if thou judgedst I had not spoken. But when thou wast resolved to burn thy writings, as judging them not to be of God, I convinced thee then, it was the devil that told thee lies to try thee, and what thou wrotest at thy father's house shall shame both men and devils. For now I am clear in judging and will be just in condemning the unjust words of men and devils; and whether men will judge for themselves or not, the truth shall be proved; the seals shall be broken, and what thou hast written at thy father's house shall be made known, before this year is ended by the Old Stile. I let it stand one year, from the time thy friends went to Exeter to search out the truth, to see if the barren minds will bear fruit or not: and if they do not, within this year, then will I cut down. If the thorn blossoms at Christmas, at Christmas my blossom shall appear. And every letter thou hast sent to Pomeroy, Moore, and Nutcombe, and other ministers, must be made public, and put in print with their names: and let them be warned, that they may answer for themselves if they will; and let them know it is the God of the whole earth has commanded them; and let those that reprove the Lord answer it; for now, they shall know that I have spoken out of Zion, and I will utter my voice in the midst of Jerusalem. For I am the Lord God, ready for battle, and my arm shall be strong in the midst of my people, and a two-edged sword in my hand, the one to cut down the powers of darkness and the workers thereof in high places; the other to cut down those who deny the fulfilment of my Bible; therefore if
J will not hear, and will not lay it to heart, to give
glory to my name, then I will send a curse amongst them; but where two or three are gathered together in my name, there will I be in the midst of them, and bless them. The words I gave thee, in answer to those scriptures, were partly the answer of what I said to Job, and meant to the devil; and all shall be answered him before I have ended here.
So now let men and devils love or fear,
And he could make thee to break every seal;
Exert his power, that he in words could show ;
The texts from the Scripture I was ordered to
Love is the fulfilment of the law, which came by the woman. Matt. xxii 37-40 Rom. xiii. 8-10.
introduce I heard from a minister, on the 22d of this month, August, 1802, who quoted them in his sermon; the text he began with was from Matthew xviii. 20.
"For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." He quoted in his sermon the following Scrip
Malachi iii. 16. "Then they that feared the LORD spoke often one to another and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name."
17." And they shall be mine, saith the Lord of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them as a man spareth his own son that serveth him."
Revelation viii. 3. "And another angel came and stood at the altar, having the golden censer: and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne."
4. "And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God, out of the angel's hand."
These texts of Scripture, that he quoted, were deeply explained to me, that they alluded to the last days, though he did not apply them in any such manner. And I was answered in the following
"Blind guides I see my shepherds be,
I shall not go through this explanation, for the present; but I shall come to the purpose, when I was answered in the following manner.