Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able affection answer appear attended authority become believe Bible blessed body brother called cause character Christ Christian Church concerning conduct consider continued conversion dear death desire divine doctrine duty earth eternal expressed eyes faith Father fear feel friends give glory gospel grace hand happy hath hear heart heaven Holy honour hope human interests Jesus John kind knowledge labours learned letter light live Lord manner means meet Methodist mind nature never object observed pain peace persons pray prayer preach preachers present prove Providence reason received religion religious respect salvation Scriptures sense Society soon soul speak spirit suffered thee things thou thought tion true truth unto whole young
130. oldal - Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord: And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
690. oldal - I'LL praise my Maker with my breath ; And when my voice is lost in death, Praise shall employ my nobler powers : My days of praise shall ne'er be past, While life, and thought, and being last, Or immortality endures.
66. oldal - I AB do swear, That I do from my heart abhor, detest, and abjure as impious and heretical, that damnable doctrine and position, That princes excommunicated or deprived by the pope, or any authority of the see of Rome, may be deposed or murdered by their subjects, or any other whatsoever.
120. oldal - And when the Lord thy God hath delivered it into thine hands, thou shalt smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword: but the women, and the little ones, and the cattle, and all that is in the city, even all the spoil thereof, shalt thou take unto thyself: and thou shalt eat the spoil of thine enemies, which the Lord thy God hath given thee.
273. oldal - Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out : and I will write upon him the name of my God...
501. oldal - My brethren have dealt deceitfully as a brook, and as the stream of brooks they pass away; '" which are blackish by reason of the ice, and wherein the snow is hid. " What time they wax warm, they vanish; when it is hot, they are consumed out of their place.
270. oldal - How shall I give thee up, Ephraim? how shall I deliver thee, Israel? how shall I make thee as Admah? how shall I set thee as Zeboim? mine heart is 'turned within me, my repentings are kindled together. I will not execute the fierceness of mine anger, I will not return to destroy Ephraim : for I am God, and not man ; the Holy One in the midst of thee : and I will not enter into the city.
90. oldal - Give me a place at thy saints' feet, Or some fall'n angel's vacant seat; I'll strive to sing as loud as they Who sit above in brighter day.
317. oldal - Some feelings are to mortals given, With less of earth in them than heaven : And if there be a human tear From passion's dross refined and clear, A tear so limpid and so meek, It would not stain an angel's cheek, 'Tis that which pious fathers shed Upon a duteous daughter's head...