Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Alexander Altai amongst ancient animal Armenians army Astrakhan Bessarabia Black Sea brother called Caspian Sea Catharina Caucasian Caucasus century character Christian civilization cloth colour Cossacks Crimea Crown 8vo Czar Daghestan dance Dariela death dialect distinguished districts Dmitri Dnjepr Edition Empire Europe eyes Finnish foreign Georgian German Grand Duke Greek habits hands Horde horses Illustrations inhabit Ivan Kalmuks Kazan Khan Kiev Kirghiz Kurdh land latter Lithuanians live military Mohammedans Mongols Moscow mountains mounted nation neighbours nobility Nogai Novgorod once Ossets owing peace peasant Persian Peter Petersburg Podolia Poland possess Post 8vo Prince principal provinces race reign reindeer religion river Russian Church Russian Empire Russian language Samoyedes Siberia Slavonic souls spirit steppe subjects Tartars Tcherkess Tchetchents Tchouktchis Terek territory throne Tokhtamysh Toungouse town tribes Turkish Turks Ural versts villages Vladimir Volga Volhynia vols whole wild women Yakoutes
368. oldal - But the effluence of Thy light divine, Pervading worlds, hath reached my bosom too ; Yes! in my spirit doth Thy spirit shine, As shines the sunbeam in a drop of dew.
367. oldal - Upheld by thee, by thee inspired with breath ! Thou the beginning with the end hast bound, And beautifully mingled life and death ! As sparks mount upward from the fiery blaze, So suns are born, so worlds spring forth from thee, And as the spangles in the sunny rays Shine round the silver snow, the pageantry Of heaven's bright army glitters in thy praise.
368. oldal - I can command the lightning, and am dust! A monarch, and a slave ; a worm, a god...
367. oldal - And thought is lost ere thought can soar so high, Even like past moments in eternity. Thou from primeval nothingness didst call First chaos, then existence : Lord, on thee Eternity had its foundation ; all Sprung forth from thee, — of light, joy, harmony, Sole origin. All life, all beauty, thine...
368. oldal - Thou art! — directing, guiding all— Thou art! Direct my understanding, then, to Thee; Control my spirit, guide my wandering heart; Though but an atom midst immensity, Still I am something, fashioned by Thy hand ! I hold a middle rank 'twixt heaven and earth — On the last verge of mortal being stand, Close to the realms where angels have their birth, Just on the boundaries of the spirit-land! The chain of being is complete...
415. oldal - OF 1857. ^First Principles of Observational Seismology, as developed in the Report to the Royal Society of London, of the Expedition made into the Interior of the Kingdom of Naples, to investigate the circumstances of the great Earthquake of December, 1857.
407. oldal - Assaying : As applied to the Manufacture of Iron from its Ores, and to Cast Iron, Wrought Iron, and Steel, as found in Commerce.
368. oldal - Creator yes ! Thy wisdom and Thy word Created me ! Thou source of life and good ! Thou spirit of my spirit, and my Lord...
367. oldal - Yes! as a drop of water in the sea, All this magnificence in Thee is lost : — What are ten thousand worlds compared to Thee?
367. oldal - In its sublime research, philosophy May measure out the ocean deep, may count The sands or the sun's rays : but, God, for thee There is no weight nor measure ; none can mount Up to thy mysteries. Reason's brightest spark, Though kindled by thy light, in vain would try To trace thy counsels, infinite and dark ; And thought is lost ere thought can soar so high, Even like past moments in eternity.