Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
accent according addressed admitted adopted Almighty antithesis appears attention become beginning bless Christ Church clear Commandments common concluding congregation connected considerable considered continued convey delivering delivery difference direct distinct distinctly downward inflection effect emphasis emphatic English expressed Father final force frequently give given hear heard hearers heart heaven Holy idea implied important impressive inflection introduced latter Lessons likewise Lord manner marked Matthew meaning Minister mode of reading nature necessary object observable particular pass passage pause persons practice pray Prayer preceding prevent principal pronounced pronunciation proper readers reason receive reference remarks requires respecting rising Rule sense sentence separate Service shalt short similar slide sometimes sound speakers speaking stress strong sufficient syllable termination thee things thou tion tone true unaccented unto upward usual utterance verb verse voice vowel Walker whole words written
105. oldal - And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye ' Or how wilt thou (Say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye : and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
31. oldal - God ; yet ought we most chiefly so to do, when we assemble and meet together to render thanks for the great benefits that we have received at his hands, to set forth his most worthy praise, to hear his most holy Word, and to ask those things which are requisite and necessary, as well for the body as the soul.
52. oldal - When thou hadst overcome the sharpness of death, thou didst open the kingdom of heaven to all believers.
13. oldal - Here will I hold. If there's a power above us — And that there is, all nature cries aloud Through all her works — He must delight in virtue; And that which He delights in must be happy.
109. oldal - When the chief priests, therefore, and officers saw him, they cried out saying, Crucify him, crucify him. Pilate saith unto them, Take ye him, and crucify him ; for I find no fault in him.
14. oldal - And when they had brought them, they set them before the council: and the high priest asked them, Saying, Did not we straitly command you that ye should not teach in this name? and, behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this man's blood upon us.
31. oldal - And although we ought at all times humbly to acknowledge our sins before God ; yet ought we most chiefly so to do, when we assemble and meet together to render thanks for the great benefits that we have received at his hands...
98. oldal - And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
98. oldal - Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die. And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain ; it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain. But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him ; and to every seed his own body.
111. oldal - Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet'; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, 'Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.' '"Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.