Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
appears authority believe Biblical Criticism Bishop blasphemy blessed brethren called Calvinistic cause chapel character Christian church Church of England common common law congregation Court creed death discourse Dissenters divine doctrine doubt duty Editor effect established evidence faith Father favour feel friends give gospel Griesbach happiness heart heresy holy honour hope House human inquiry Jesus Christ John labour late learned letter liberty Liverpool Lord means meeting ment mind minister moral Mussulmen nature neral never object observed offence opinion passage persons prayer preached preacher present principles profession prove punishment Quakers racter readers reason received religion religious respect Scrip Scriptures sentiments Sermon shew society Socinian spirit Stourbridge supposed tarian thing tical tion Trinitarian Trinity true trust truth Unitarian Unitarian Christian Vidler Wat Tyler word worship writings
373. oldal - For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but, as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.
17. oldal - That no testimony is sufficient to establish a miracle, unless the testimony be of such a kind, that its falsehood would be more miraculous, than the fact, which it endeavours to establish: and even in that case there is a mutual destruction of arguments, and the superior only gives us an assurance suitable to that degree of force, which remains, after deducting the inferior.
292. oldal - Faith is this : that we worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity, neither confounding the Persons, nor dividing the substance. For there is one Person of the Father, another of the Son, and another of the Holy Ghost. But the Godhead of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, is all one ; the glory equal, the majesty coeternal.
223. oldal - Jesus answered him, I spake openly to the world; I ever taught in the synagogue, and in the temple, whither the Jews always resort; and in secret have I said nothing. Why askest thou me ? ask them which heard me, what I have said unto them: behold, they know what I said.
205. oldal - For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
15. oldal - You desire to know something of my religion. It is the first time I have been questioned upon it. But I cannot take your curiosity amiss, and shall endeavour in a few words to gratify it. Here is my creed. I believe in one God, the creator of the universe. That he governs it by his Providence. That he ought to be worshipped.
209. oldal - But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him ; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
420. oldal - The only Redeemer of God's elect is the Lord Jesus Christ, who, being the eternal Son of God, became man, and so was, and continueth to be God and man, in two distinct natures, and one person for ever.
205. oldal - For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office; so we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
41. oldal - Now these be the last words of David. DAVID the son of Jesse said, And the man who was raised up on high, The anointed of the God of Jacob, And the sweet psalmist of Israel, said, The Spirit of the Lord spake by me, And his word was in my tongue.