Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Adam Adam's Alexander Apostle appear ARTHUR PENRHYN STANLEY Assembly Bible Board body called century character CHARLES HODGE CHARLES SCRIBNER Christ Christian committee death divine doctrine ecclesiastical edition epistles evangelical evil existence fact faith give God's Gospel Holy human idea infinite inscriptions Jesus Jews JOHN FORSYTH labor language learned lectures living Lord means mind ministers ministry missionaries Missions moral nature never Nevin offices Old Testament original pantheistic pastors Paul PHILIP SCHAFF philosophy preacher preaching Presbyterian Church present Princeton PRINCETON REVIEW principles Prof Professor Protestant published pulpit race Raffles re-union regard relation religion religious Rénan Robert Carter Roman says Schaff schools Scriptures seminary sermon Shanghai dialect soul spirit teaching Testament Theodor Mommsen theology theory thing thought tion translation true truth volume W. G. T. SHEDD whole word writings XLII.-NO York
622. oldal - God ; yet notwithstanding, our full persuasion and assurance of the infallible truth and divine authority thereof, is from the inward work of the Holy Spirit, bearing witness by and with the word in our hearts.
201. oldal - For who hath known the mind of the Lord ? or who hath been his counsellor? or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again ? For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things : to whom be glory for ever. Amen.
186. oldal - For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.
265. oldal - Be it known unto you. therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins, and by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which they could not be justified by the law of Moses.
219. oldal - I must work the works of Him that sent Me while it is day, for the night cometh when no man can work d ." Two doctrines, both of them distinctly Christian, throw their guardian shadows over the lesson.
299. oldal - Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay.
326. oldal - All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient : all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.
32. oldal - I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost, that I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart. For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh...
562. oldal - If any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father: and he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but for the sins of the whole world,
29. oldal - Thou hast had pity on the gourd, for the which thou hast not laboured, neither madest it grow; which came up in a night, and perished in a night: and should not I spare Nineveh, that great city, wherein are more than sixscore thousand persons that cannot discern between their right hand and their left hand; and also much cattle?