A Portraiture of Quakerism: As Taken from a View of the Moral Education, Discipline, Peculiar Customs, Religious Principles, Political and Civil Oeconomy and Character of the Society of Friends
R. Taylor, 1806
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according Acts apostle appears attention authority baptism baptized become believe Blessed blood body bread called celebrated ceremonial CHAPTER Christian church conceive concerning considered continued custom desires disciples divine doctrine duty expressions Father feel flesh former gave Gentiles give given Gospel hand heart Hence Holy Ghost Holy Spirit human Jesus Christ Jews John knowledge latter light live look Lord manner master means meetings mentioned mind ministers moral Moses nature necessary never object observed occasion opinion outward pass Passover Paul persons Peter poor preach present principle produce Quakers question reason received redemption relate religion religious respect salvation says Scrip Scriptures seed Society soul speak Spirit of God supper teach things thou tion true truth understand universe unto usually wine words worship
114. oldal - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God ; all things were made by him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.
335. oldal - Peter saith unto him, Lord dost thou wash my feet? Jesus answered and said unto him, What I do thou knowest not now; but thou shalt know hereafter. Peter saith unto him, Thou shalt never wash my feet. Jesus answered him, If I wash thee not, thou hast no part with me.
174. oldal - For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves : 15 "Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing, or else excusing one another;) 16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men, by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.
259. oldal - And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh : and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my hand-maidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy...
394. oldal - And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life : he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
316. oldal - So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption; it is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power; it is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
144. oldal - Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.
307. oldal - Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke? Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?
149. oldal - To Beings else forlorn and blind ! Up ! up ! and drink the spirit breathed From dead men to their kind. You look round on your Mother Earth, As if she for no purpose bore you ; As if you were her first-born birth, And none had lived before you...