Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
amongst Apostle appear behaviour believe better blessed cerned Christ Christian comfort command common concerning conduct consider death degree doctrine doth duty Ecclus endeavour enjoy esteem etermal evidence faith false farther faults favour fear give God's Gospel guilty happiness hath heart Heaven Hezekiah holy Holy Spirit honour hope imagine indulgence James ii Jews John xx justly least less ligion live Lord Luke mankind Matth means ment mercy Messiah mind nature neral ness never oaths obligations occasion ourselves perhaps perjury persons piety pleasure poor precepts present Psalm quired reason regard religion respect righteousness S E R M O N saith Saviour Scripture sense shew sick siderable sins Sirach sort soul spirit suffer surely swearing things thou thought tion true truth unto virtue whole wicked wickedness wisdom words worldly wrong
143. oldal - Jesus answered and said unto them, Go and shew John again those things which ye do hear and see : the blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them.
ii. oldal - Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not high-minded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy ; that they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate, laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.
402. oldal - Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words, in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him also shall the son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.
136. oldal - Who will shew us any good?" Lord, lift thou up the light of thy countenance upon us. Thou hast put gladness in my heart, more than in the time that their corn and their wine increased.
235. oldal - For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself. For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.
340. oldal - When thou makest a dinner or a supper, call not thy friends, nor thy brethren, neither thy kinsmen, nor thy rich neighbours; lest they also bid thee again, and a recompense be made thee. But when thou makest a feast, call the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind: and thou shalt be blessed; for they cannot recompense thee: for thou shalt be recompensed at the resurrection of the just.
17. oldal - Who said unto his father and to his mother, I have not seen him; neither did he acknowledge his brethren, nor knew his own children: for they have observed thy word, and kept thy covenant.
ii. oldal - Then Hezekiah turned his face toward the wall, and prayed unto the Lord, and said, " Remember now, O Lord, I beseech thee, how I have walked before thee in truth and with a perfect heart, and have done that which is good in thy sight.