« ElőzőTovább »
PRINTED BY GEORGE EDWARD EYRE AND WILLIAM SPOTTISWOODE,
And Published in Numbers, Price 2d. each,
AT THE QUEEN'S PRINTING OFFICE, EAST HARDING STREET,
NEAR FLEET STREET.
The TITLES of the PUBLIC GENERAL ACTS passed in the FIFTH Session of the TWENTY-FIRST Parliament of the United Kingdom of GREAT BRITAIN and IRELAND.
1. AN Act to apply the sum of Six million pounds out of the Consolidated
Fund to the service of the year ending the thirty-first day of March one thousand eight hundred and seventy-eight.
2. An Act to raise the sum of Six million pounds by Exchequer Bonds, Exchequer Bills, or Treasury Bills.
3. An Act to relieve certain Occupiers of Dwelling-houses from being disqualified from the right of voting in the Election of Members to serve in Parliament by reason of their under-letting such Dwelling-houses for short terms. 4. An Act to extend the hours of Polling at Parliamentary Elections in the Metropolis. 3
5. An Act to relieve certain Occupiers of Dwelling-houses in Scotland from being disqualified from the right of voting in the Election of Members to serve in Parliament by reason of their under-letting such Dwelling-houses for short terms.
6. An Act to amend the Glebe Loan (Ireland) Amendment Act, 1875.
7. An Act to raise the sum of One million Pounds by Exchequer Bonds, for the service of the year ending on the thirty-first day of March one thousand eight hundred and seventy-eight.
8. An Act to enable Local Authorities to acquire and lay out land for Public Parks and Pleasure Grounds in Scotland. 6
9. An Act to apply certain Sums out of the Consolidated Fund to the service of the years ending on the thirty-first day of March one thousand eight hundred and seventy-seven, one thousand eight hundred and seventy-eight, and one thousand eight hundred and seventy-nine.
10. An Act for punishing Mutiny and Desertion, and for the better payment of the Army and their Quarters.
11. An Act for the Regulation of Her Majesty's Royal Marine Forces while on shore.
12. An Act for the prevention of Accidents by Threshing Machines, 13. An Act to declare the law relating to the Acceptance of Bills of Exchange. 125 14. An Act to amend the Law relating to Public Baths and Wash-houses. 15. An Act to grant certain Duties of Customs and Inland Revenue, to alter other Duties, and to amend the Laws relating to Customs and Inland Revenue. 128 16. An Act to consolidate and amend the Law relating to Factories and Workshops.
17. An Act to amend the Adulteration of Seeds Act, 1869.
18. An Act to grant Money for the purpose of Loans by the Public Works Loan Commissioners and by the Commissioners of Public Works in Ireland, and to authorise the former Commissioners to compound and cancel certain loans and interest and to amend the Public Works Loans Act. 1875.
19. An Act to amend the Matrimonial Causes Acts.
46. An Act to enable Her Majesty to provide for the Establishment of His Royal Highness the Duke of Connaught and of Strathearn and Her Royal Highness Princess Louise Margaret Alexandra Victoria Agnes of Prussia, and to settle an Annuity on Her Royal Highness. 300
47. An Act to enable the Trustees of the Elders Widows' Fund to apply the Capital of the said Fund in aid of Income; and for other purposes in relation thereto. 302
48. An Act to amend the Law relating to Endowed Schools and Hospitals and other Endowed Institutions in Scotland; and for other purposes. 304 49. An Act to consolidate the Law relating to Weights and Measures. 308 50. An Act to amend the County of Hertford and Liberty of St. Alban Act, 1874. 341
51. An Act to alter and amend the Law in regard to the Maintenance and Management of Roads and Bridges in Scotland. 342 52. An Act to consolidate and amend the Acts relating to Public Health in Ireland. 403 53. An Act to facilitate improvements in the Organisation of the Admiralty and War Office by the retirement of Clerks from certain of the Civil Departments thereof. 498
54. An Act to amend the Debtors Act, 1869, and the Debtors Act (Ireland), 1872. 500
55. An Act to enable the Trustees of the British Museum to remove portions of their Collections.
56. An Act to amend the Law respecting the expense of regulating Commons. 502 57. An Act for the Revision of the Statute Law of Ireland. 503 58. An Act for further regulating the use of Locomotives on Highways in Scotland. 522
59. An Act to amend the Law relating to the Drainage and Improvement of Land in Ireland. 524
60. An Act to make better provision for Idiots, Imbeciles, and other afflicted persons in Ireland.
61. An Act to remove doubts as to the validity of certain Marriages solemnized in the Islands of Fiji prior to their erection into a British Colony. 62. An Act to continue certain Turnpike Acts, and to repeal certain other Turnpike Acts; and for other purposes connected therewith. 527 63. An Act to amend the Prison Acts of 1877, so far as regards the Apportionment of certain Superannuation Allowances between the Treasury and the Local Authorities.
64. An Act to raise the sum of two million pounds by Exchequer Bonds, Exchequer Bills, or Treasury Bills for the service of the year ending on the 31st day of March 1879.
542 65. An Act to apply a sum out of the Consolidated Fund to the service of the year ending the thirty-first day of March one thousand eight hundred and seventy-nine, and to appropriate the Supplies granted in this Session of Parliament.
66. An Act to promote Intermediate Education in Ireland.
67. An Act for extending and amending the Foreign Jurisdiction Acts. 561 68. An Act to provide for the foundation of four new Bishoprics in England. 564 69. An Act to amend the Law regulating the Office of Clerk of Petty Sessions, and the Law relating to Fines, in Ireland; and for other purposes. 70. An Act to continue various expiring Laws.
71. An Act to extend to Metropolitan Commons certain provisions of the Commons Act, 1876.
72. An Act to prohibit the sale of Intoxicating Liquors on Sunday in Ireland. 578