Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
admitted amongst ancestors ancient history ancient Irish annalists antiquity appears appellation authenticity authority bards Bede bishop Bollandists Britain British Cabiric called Cambrensis Celt Celtic centuries character Charles O'Conor Christ christian colony deluge Dermod druidical druidism druids Dublin Earl earth Ecfrid England English evidence existence fabulous families father fiction Gaul Gerald Barry Grecian Greeks Henry Hist historians history of Ireland Hugh de Lacy idolatry inhabitants institutions Irish annals Irish history Irish language Irish nation island Japhet John king King's kingdom land learned Ledwich Leinster letters Lord Martyrologe ment Milesian monarch Moses native Nennius Noah O'Conor observed ogham original pagan Patrick period persons phillids Phoenician possessed post-diluvian posterity preserved prince proof prove Pyrrhonism Pyrrhonites race records Red Sea reign religion rendered Roman sacred says Scots Scythian Strongbow tion tongue traced tradition truth Ulster Vallancey whole worship writers written
23. oldal - And the Lord came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.
400. oldal - that on this occasion Cromwell exceeded himself and. any thing he had ever heard of, in breach of faith and bloody inhumanity ; and that the cruelties exercised there, for five days after the town was taken, would make as many several pictures of inhumanity, as are to be found in the book of martyrs...
28. oldal - And the Lord said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language ; and this they begin to do : and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.
21. oldal - Now these are the generations of the sons of Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth: and unto them were sons born after the flood. The sons of Japheth ; Gomer, and Magog, and Madai, and Javan, and Tubal, and Meshech, and Tiras.
337. oldal - ... there is no nation of people under the sun that doth love equal and indifferent justice better than the Irish ; or will rest better satisfied with the execution thereof although it be against themselves; so as they may have the protection and benefit of the law, when upon just cause they do desire it.
276. oldal - ... them seemeth should pass in the same parliament, and such causes, considerations, and acts, affirmed by the king and his council to be good and expedient for that land, and his licence thereupon, as well in affirmation of the said causes and acts, as to summon the said parliament, under his great seal of England had and obtained...
21. oldal - By these were the isles of the Gentiles divided in their lands; every one after his tongue, after their families, in their nations.
425. oldal - An act for the better execution of his majesty's gracious declaration for the settlement of his kingdom of Ireland, and satisfaction of the several interests of adventurers, soldiers, and other his subjects there...