Encyclopædia Americana: A Popular Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature, History, Politics, and Biography, Brought Down to the Present Time; Including a Copious Collection of Original Articles in American Biography; on the Basis of the Seventh Edition of the German Conversations-lexicon, 8. kötet
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
acid afterwards ancient animals appeared appointed army Austria became body born called capital Catholic celebrated century Charles Cherusci chief church coast color command contains court death died distinguished duke edition emperor England English eral established Europe father favor feet France French German German empire Greek honor inhabitants island Italy king kingdom Latin latter literary lived logarithms Lombard London lord Louis Louis XIV Louis XVI Louis XVIII magnet manganese means Medici ment Meroë miles minister mont de piété Napoleon nation obtained Paris peace person prince prince of Condé principal prison province published queen received reign returned revolution river Roman Rome royal Russia soon Spain Spanish species square square miles stone tained tion took town treatise vols whole
368. oldal - Every body continues in its state of rest, or of uniform motion in a right line, unless it is compelled to change that state by forces impressed upon it.
240. oldal - States authorizes the supreme court " to issue writs of mandamus, in cases warranted by the principles and usages of law, to any courts appointed, or persons holding office, under the authority of the United States.
370. oldal - The change of motion is proportional to the motive force impressed; and is made in the direction of the right line in which that force is impressed.
82. oldal - And that in the most holy sacrament of the Eucharist, there is truly, really, and substantially the body and blood, together with the SOUL and DIVINITY of our Lord Jesus Christ...
11. oldal - Holy God ! Holy and Mighty, Holy and Immortal ! have mercy upon us !" and this gave rise to the litany.
496. oldal - To this matrimonial disagreement is to be attributed his treatises, the Doctrine and Discipline of Divorce; the Judgment of Martin Buc.er concerning Divorce ; and Tetrachordon, or Exposition upon the four chief Places in Scripture which treat of Marriage.
2. oldal - Co. of the said district have deposited in this office the title of a book, the right whereof they claim as proprietors, in the words following-, viz. " POEMS, by George Bancroft." In conformity to the act of the congress of the United States...
75. oldal - It is near six inches in length from the tip of the bill to the end of the tail, the former being about half an inch, and the latter two inches and a half.
309. oldal - States, but shall so far consider himself as counsel for the prisoner, after the said prisoner shall have made his plea, as to object to any leading question to any of the witnesses, or any question to the prisoner, the answer to which might tend to criminate himself...