Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
action actual adaptation affection anger animal argument attention authority become benevolence called cause certain character connection conscience constitution demonstration desire direct distinct Divine economy emotion enjoyment enter established evidence evil example existence experience external fact faculty feeling felt followed force former give given greater hand happiness hath heart hold human imagination important individual influence instance intellectual interest justice labour land least length less light look material matter means mechanism ment mental mind moral nature never object observation obtain once operation original pain perfect perhaps phenomena philosophy physical pleasure possession present principle question reason regard relation respect result sense separate side society species spirit stand strength strong suffering suggestion termed theology things thought tion true truth universal violence virtue whole wisdom
9. oldal - President, should be appointed to write, print and publish one thousand copies of a work, on the Power, Wisdom, and Goodness of God, as manifested in the Creation; illustrating such work, by all reasonable arguments, as, for instance, the variety and formation of God's creatures in the Animal, Vegetable, and Mineral Kingdoms; the effect of digestion, and, thereby, of conversion ; the construction of the hand of man, and an infinite variety of other arguments; as also by discoveries, ancient and modern,...
85. oldal - ... you cannot form a notion of this faculty, conscience, without taking in judgment, direction, superintendency. This is a constituent part of the idea, that is, of the faculty itself: and to preside and govern, from the very economy and constitution of man, belongs to it. Had it strength, as it has right; had it power, as it has manifest authority, it would absolutely govern the world.
1. oldal - BRIDGEWATER TREATISES, on the Power, Wisdom, and Goodness of God, as manifested in the Creation.
231. oldal - With regard to our own actions, we may desire what we do not will, and will what we do not desire ; nay, what we have a great aversion to. A man athirst has a strong desire to drink, but, for some particular reason, he determines not to gratify his...
3. oldal - On the Power, Wisdom, and Goodness of God as manifested in the Adaptation of External Nature to the Moral and Intellectual Constitution of Man.
131. oldal - ... the coming futurity. Now, but for the doctrine of immortality, Man would be an exception to this law — he would stand forth as an anomaly in Nature, with aspirations in his heart for which the universe had no antitype to offer, with capacities of understanding and thought that never were to be followed by objects of corresponding greatness through the whole history of his being...
10. oldal - ON THE POWER WISDOM AND GOODNESS OF GOD AS MANIFESTED IN THE ADAPTATION OF EXTERNAL, NATURE TO THE MORAL AND INTELLECTUAL CONSTITUTION OF MAN.
42. oldal - For it became him who created them to set them in order. And if he did so, it's unphilosophical to seek for any other Origin of the World, or to pretend that it might arise out of a Chaos by the mere Laws of Nature; though being once form'd, it may continue by those Laws for many Ages.
9. oldal - Testator further directed, that the person or persons selected by the said President should be appointed to write, print, and publish one thousand copies of a work On the Power, Wisdom, and Goodness of God, as manifested in the Creation...
109. oldal - Romae, alia Athenis, alia nunc, alia posthac, sed et omnes gentes et omni tempore " una lex et sempiterna et immutabilis continebit unusque erit communis quasi " magister et imperator omnium deus: ille legis hujus inventor, disceptator, lator, cui " qui non parebit, ipse se fugiet ac naturam hominis aspernatus hoc ipso luet maximas " poenas, etiam si caetera supplicia quae putantur, effugerit.