Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
apostles appear assembly associations attended authority baptism baptized believe Bible blessing brethren cause chapel character Christian Church of England circumstances clergy Committee Congregational churches Congregational Union connexion denomination devoted Dissenters divine doctrine duty established evangelical express fact faith Father favour feel friends give Gospel grace Greek heart Hebrew Highbury College holy spirit Home Missionary Society Homerton College honour hope important influence interest Ireland Jesus Christ Jews John labours language Lectures London London Missionary Society Lord means meeting ment mind ministers ministry mode moral N. S. VOL nature object ordinance passages pastor persons piety Popery prayer preached present principles purify question racter received reference religion religious rendered respect rite sacred scrip Scriptures sense Septuagint signification soul Syriac Testament things thou tion translation truth unto volume voluntaryism whole word worship writer
172. oldal - That day of wrath, that dreadful day, When heaven and earth shall pass away, What power shall be the sinner's stay? How shall he meet that dreadful day? When, shrivelling like a parched scroll, The flaming heavens together roll, When louder yet, and yet more dread, Swells the high trump that wakes the dead ! O, on that day, that wrathful day, When man to judgment wakes from clay, Be THOU the trembling sinner's stay, Though heaven and earth shall pass away!
86. oldal - When thou hadst overcome the sharpness of death, thou didst open the Kingdom of Heaven to all believers.
245. oldal - And the angel of God, which went before the camp of Israel, removed and went behind them; and the pillar of the cloud went from before their face, and stood behind them : and it came between the camp of the Egyptians and the camp of Israel ; and it was a cloud and darkness to them, but it gave light by night to these: so that the one came not near the other all the night.
598. oldal - Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call upon him while he is near...
33. oldal - Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the LORD'S sake, whether it be to the King as supreme, or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evil-doers, and for the praise of them that do well.
320. oldal - It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
577. oldal - I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book. If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book : And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city and from the things which are written in this book.
248. oldal - And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit. And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge.