A Family Prayer Book: Containing Forms of Morning and Evening Prayers for a Fortnight with Those for Individuals, Religious Societies and Schools
Cummings, Hilliard & Company, 1823 - 204 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
A Family Prayer Book: Containing Forms of Morning and Evening Prayers for a ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2016
A Family Prayer-Book: Containing Forms of Morning and Evening Prayers, for a ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2016
accept acknowledge affections affliction Amen assistance Author beseech thee bless bounty bring christian comfort confidence continuance death desire didst direct disposal duties earth enable enjoy eternal everlasting evil faith Father favour fear forever forgive friends fruits future give glory gospel grace gracious grant gratitude hand happiness hath hear hearts heaven heavenly honour hope humble improvement infinite Jesus Christ keep kindness knowledge laws lead light live look Lord mind morning mortal nature never night offer ourselves Parent past peace praise praise thee pray prayer prepare presence preserve promises raise receive rejoice religion remember rich righteousness salvation Saviour season sickness sins souls spirit strength suffer thank thee thine things thou art thou hast thoughts thy holy thy mercy thy name thy providence thy servant tion true truth unto thee wilt thou wisdom wise worship
171. oldal - And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was a great calm.
34. oldal - Heaven and earth are full of the majesty of thy glory. The glorious company of the apostles praise thee. The goodly fellowship of the prophets praise thee. The noble army of martyrs praise thee. The holy Church throughout all the world doth acknowledge thee: the Father of an infinite majesty; thine honourable, true and only Son; also the Holy Ghost the Comforter.
36. oldal - More especially we pray for the good estate of the catholic Church; that it may be so guided and governed by thy good spirit, that all who profess and call themselves Christians may be led into the way of truth, and hold the faith in unity of spirit, in the bond of peace, and in righteousness of life.
124. oldal - Out of whose womb came the ice? and the hoary frost of heaven, who hath gendered it? The waters are hid as with a stone, and the face of the deep is frozen.
37. oldal - We bless thee for our creation, preservation, and all the blessings of this life, but above all for thine inestimable love in the redemption of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ; for the means of grace and for the hope of glory. And we beseech thee give us that due sense of all thy mercies that our hearts may be unfeignedly thankful...
173. oldal - BLESS the LORD, O my soul : And all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the LORD, 0 my soul, And forget not all his benefits : Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; Who healeth all thy diseases; Who redeemeth thy life from destruction ; Who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies ; Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things ; So that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.
84. oldal - Through the tender mer'cy of our God : whereby the day-spring from' on high hath visited us ; To give light to them that sit in darkness, and in' the shadow of death : and to guide our feet into the way of peace.
190. oldal - ALMIGHTY God, the fountain of all wisdom, who knowest our necessities before we ask, and our ignorance in asking ; We beseech thee to have compassion upon our infirmities ; and those things, which for our unworthiness we dare not, and for our blindness we cannot ask, vouchsafe to give us, for the worthiness of thy Son Jesus Christ our Lord.
26. oldal - For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man...