The Authenticated Report of the Discussion ... in the Chapel of the Roman Catholic College of Downside, Near Bath, on the 25th, 26th and 27th of February, and the 5th, 6th and 7th of March, 1834. Subjects “The Rule of Faith” and “the Sacrifice of the Mass.” Protestant Speakers: Rev. Edward Tottenham ... Rev. John Lyons. Roman Catholic Speakers: Rev. T. J. Brown, Etc. Rev. T. M. Macdonnell ... Rev. Francis Edgeworth
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The Authenticated Report of the Discussion Which Took Place in the Chapel of ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2015
according Acts adduced admit ages answer Apostles appears argued argument asserted authority baptism believe Bible blood body bread Brown called chapter Christ Christian Church Church of Rome contained contend Council difficulty discussion divine doctrine Epistle establish Eucharist evidence expression fact Fathers figurative flesh follow friends give given Gospel hand hold Holy inspiration institution interpretation Jesus John judgment language literal Lord maintain manner Mass matter meaning meeting mind nature necessary objection observe offered passage person present priest principle proof Protestant prove question quoted reason received refer regard respecting Roman Catholic rule of faith sacrifice salvation Scrip Scripture sense shew side speak Spirit sufficient tell term Testament testimony things thou tion told Tottenham tradition translation true truth understand unto verse wine write written word
100. oldal - And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written.
170. oldal - God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; and base things of the world, and things which are despised hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: that no flesh should glory in his presence.
191. oldal - This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood; and it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.
57. oldal - Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.
208. oldal - ... knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
81. oldal - And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
361. oldal - For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles ; and in every place incense shall be offered unto my name, and a pure offering: for my name shall be great among the heathen, saith the LORD of hosts.
4. oldal - HOLY Scripture containeth all things necessary to salvation : so that whatsoever is not read therein, nor may be proved thereby, is not to be required of any man, that it should be believed as an Article of the Faith, or be thought requisite or necessary to salvation.