The Nestorians: Or, The Lost Tribes: Containing Evidence of Their Identity; an Account of Their Manners, Customs, and Ceremonies; Together with Sketches of Travels in Ancient Assyria, Armenia, Media, and Mesopotamia; and Illustrations of Scripture Prophecy
Harper & brothers, 1841 - 385 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Adiabene Amädieh ancient apostles appears Armenians Assyria beast bishop brethren Calah called captive Israelites century Chaldeans chapter character chief children of Israel Chris Christ connexion converts covenant customs earth East Eccl enter Euphrates evidence fact faith father favour flocks Gentile Gospel Gozan Habor Hakary Halah Hebrew Hebrew origin Hist holy idolatry Israelites Jerusalem Jewish Jews Judah Judaism Júlamerk king Koordish Koords labours land language learned living Lord lost tribes Medes Mesopotamia Messiah mission missionary Mohammed Mohammedan Mosheim Mösul mountains nations Nazareans Nesto Nestorian Christians Nestorian Church Ooroomiah Orient patriarch peculiar persecution Persia plain preached present priest prophecy prophet received regarded region religion remain remarkable remnant residence rians rites river sacrifices says Scriptures seen Syriac language Syrian ten tribes testimony thou thousand tians tion torians Turkish unto village vols worship Yezidees Zāb Zoroaster
356. oldal - King of saints; who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name ? for thou only art holy ; for all nations shall come and worship before thee ; for thy judgments are made manifest.
350. oldal - And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image.
298. oldal - O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God ! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out ! For who hath known the mind of the Lord ? or who hath been his counsellor...
303. oldal - And I saw another Angel ascending from the East, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four Angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea, saying, "Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.
283. oldal - And I will betroth thee unto me for ever; yea, I will betroth thee unto me in righteousness, and in judgment, and in lovingkindness, and in mercies. I will even betroth thee unto me in faithfulness : and thou shalt know the Lord.
272. oldal - ... and ye have respect to him that weareth the gay clothing, and say unto him ; Sit thou here in a good place...
293. oldal - For the children of Israel shall abide many days without a king, and without a prince, and without a sacrifice, and without an image, and without an ephod, and without teraphim: afterward shall the children of Israel return, and seek the Lord their God, and David their king; and shall fear the Lord and his goodness in the latter days.
176. oldal - And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.