Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The Life and Letters of Dr. Samuel Hahnemann (Classic Reprint)
Thomas Lindsley Bradford
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2017
Aegidi Albrecht Allg Allgemeine Allopathic antipsoric apothecary Archiv August Belladonna Boenninghausen Camphor celebrated CHAPTER cholera chronic diseases Coethen Constantine Hering cure daughter dear death Dessau dilution disciples discovery dispense doctor doctrine dose Dresden drugs Dudgeon Duke edition effect father following letter French friends gave Georgenthal German give given globule grain Hahne Hartmann healing History of Homoeopathy Homoeo Homoeopathic physicians honor Horn hospital Hygea itch Jour Journal Lehmann Leipsic Lesser Writings letter to Stapf lived Madame Hahnemann mann Materia Medica Pura matter medi medicine Meissen Melanie mentioned method Mossdorf Muller never olfaction Organon Paris pathic patients persecution practice present psora published pupils received regard remedies Samuel Hahnemann says says:f scarlet fever Schweikert Society soon symptoms thalers thank tion Torgau translation treatment truth volume wife wish written wrote Zeitung
136. oldal - Tut, man ! one fire burns out another's burning, One pain is lessen'd by another's anguish ; Turn giddy, and be holp by backward turning ; One desperate grief cures with another's languish: Take thou some new infection to the eye, And the rank poison of the old will die.
74. oldal - I must warn the reader that indolence, love of ease and obstinacy preclude effective service at the altar of truth, and only freedom from prejudice and untiring zeal qualify for the most sacred of all human occupations, the practice of the true system of medicine.
457. oldal - It is especially in the form of vapour, by olfaction and inhalation of the medicinal aura that is always emanating from a globule impregnated with a medicinal fluid in a high development of power, and placed, dry', in a small phial, that the homoeopathic remedies act most surely and most powerfully.
163. oldal - At present it grows with slow progress amid the abundance of weeds which luxuriate about it; it grows unobserved from an unlikely acorn into a little plant; soon may its head be seen overtopping the rank, weedy herbage. Only wait — it is striking deep its roots in the earth; it is strengthening itself unperceived, but all the more certainly ; and in its own time it will increase, till it becomes an oak of God, whose arms, unmoved by the wildest storm, stretch in all directions, that the suffering...
61. oldal - The mother of a large family, at the commencement of July, 1799,* when the scarlet fever was most prevalent and fatal, had got a new counterpane made up by a sempstress, who (without the knowledge of the former) had in her small chamber a boy just recovering of scarlet fever.
43. oldal - In the first place, the remedy is to be tried on the healthy body; without any foreign substance mixed with it; a small dose is to be taken; and attention is to be directed to every effect produced by it; for example — on the pulse, the temperature, the respiration, the secretions. Having obtained these various phenomena in health, you may then pass on to experiment on the body in a state of disease."®...
204. oldal - ... organism, resolves fever by perspiration and diuresis pleurisy by epistaxis, sweat and mucous expectoration — other diseases by vomiting, diarrhoea and bleeding from the anus, articular pains by suppurating ulcers on the legs, cynanche tonsillaris by salivation, &c., or removes them by metastases and abscesses which she develops in parts at a distance from the seat of the disease. Hence they thought the best thing to do was to imitate nature, by also going to work in the treatment of most diseases...
253. oldal - Camphor (made with one ounce of Camphor to twelve of Alcohol} on a lump of sugar or in a spoonful of water. Some Spirit of Camphor must be taken in the hollow of the hand and rubbed into the skin of the arms, legs, and chest of the patient ; he may also get a clyster of half a pint of warm water, mingled with two full teaspoonfuls of...
240. oldal - ... perfectly simple system of medicine, remaining always fixed in its principles as in its practice, which, like the doctrine whereon it is based, if rightly apprehended, will be found to be so exclusive (and, in that way only, serviceable), that, as the doctrine is pure, so must the practice be also, and all backward straying* to the pernicious routine of the old school...