The Progress of Religious Sentiment, the Advancement of the Principles of Civil and Religious Freedom, the Affinity of Romanism, Tractarianism and Baptismal Regeneration: Also Diversities of Creeds, Modes of Christian Communion, and Evangelical Statistics : an Historical Sketch
Houlston and Stoneman, 1852 - 95 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
according Acts appear authority Baptists baptized believe Bishop blessed body brethren called Christian church civil Commandment common communion Confession considered continued dead death denomination desire Dissenters doctrine duty earth England established eternal evil faith Father fear flesh formed gave give given glory gospel grace hand hath heart heaven History Holy honour increase Infant institutions interest Jesus Christ John judgment King kingdom liberty living London Lord Lord's means meeting mind ministers nature observed opinion passed pastor period persecution persons practice prayer preaching present principles profession Protestant reason received reference reign religion religious respect righteousness salvation saved Scriptures sentiments shalt shew sins Society soul Spirit suffered thee things thou true truth unto views whole worship written
62. oldal - Abraham's bosom : the rich man also died, and was buried ; and in hell he lifted up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue ; for I am tormented in this flame.
11. oldal - O Assyrian, the rod of Mine anger, and the staff in their hand is Mine indignation. I will send him against an hypocritical nation, and against the people of My wrath will I give him a charge, to take the spoil, and to take the prey, and to tread them down like the mire of the streets. Howbeit he meaneth not so, neither doth his heart think so ; but it is in his heart to destroy and cut off nations not a few.
60. oldal - And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat: this is my body. And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying. Drink ye all of it; For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
12. oldal - And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not. Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes...
ccvi. oldal - And all that believed were together, and had all things common, and sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need ; and they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, praising God, and having favour with all the people.
33. oldal - But now, being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
19. oldal - For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us...
59. oldal - For I have received of the Lord, that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus, the same night in which he was betrayed, took bread: and when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
83. oldal - If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them...