Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
aefter airest aldre Anglo-Saxon bearn Beó-wulf biö crown 8vo cwom cyning cynnes daeg dryhten Eadgils eald ealdre eall edition elne eorl eorla faest fela fengel feónd feor folca folces for-geaf freán Fróda fyrene ge-fremede ge-seah ge-weald Geáta geond geóng gold Grendel gumena haefde haelepa Halga healdan Healf-denes helm Hengest heó heóld Heorote Hermanaric Hige-láces hilde hine hord Hróð-gár hwearf hyne hyrde Ingeld Johannes Magnus Large Paper leóde leódum maeg maegenes manna mapelode meahte Memoir micel mihte módes monig naes niht ofer Offa paer paes paím pára peáh pegn peóden poem pone ponne Portrait Saem Saer Saxon sceal sceólde Scyld Scyldinga sealde sécean secg secgan sélest sió sóhte swā sweord swylce sylfes symbel syööan vols weard wearö weóld Wermund wič wiht wolde word wudu wyrm
251. oldal - Chemistry, Meteorology, and the Function of Digestion, considered with reference to Natural Theology.
258. oldal - Testament!,' with 90 wood-cuts beautifully engraved. Crown 8vo. II. Is. A few copies printed entirety on India paper, 21. 2s. THE DANCE OF DEATH, exhibited in fifty-five elegant Engravings on Wood, with a Dissertation on the several Representations of that Subject; more particularly on those attributed to MACABER and HOLBEIN, by FRANCIS DOUCE, FSA 8vo.
250. oldal - We are inclined to consider the English language as having attained that fulness of maturity which leaves no wish for increase, but only anxiety for preservation. As helps to this, we have the various acceptations, in which every word has been used by approved writers, collected by Mr. Richardson, in a Dictionary, such as...
xix. oldal - All persons who have had much experience of AngloSaxon MSS. know how hopelessly incorrect they in general are ; when every allowance has been made for date and dialect, and even for the etymological ignorance of early times, we are yet met at every turn with faults of grammar, with omissions or redundancies of letters and words...
256. oldal - A very limited edition of these works has been printed. " We take the opportunity of expressing our very high opinion of the diligence, skill, and judgment of the Kev. Alexander Dyce, whose editions of Peele, Greene, and Webster, leave little to desire, and less to improve.
251. oldal - On the Power, Wisdom, and Goodness of God, as manifested in the Creation; illustrating such work by all reasonable arguments, as for instance the variety and formation of God's creatures in the animal, vegetable, and mineral kingdoms; the effect of digestion, and thereby of conversion; the construction of the hand of man, and an infinite variety of other arguments...
263. oldal - CHARLEMAGNE'S TRAVELS to CONSTANTINOPLE and JERUSALEM, a Norman-French Poem of the Twelfth Century, now first printed from the original MS. in the British Museum, EDITED by FRANCISQUE MICHEL, foolscap Svo.
xviii. oldal - Danish, is at once to stamp oneself ignorant both of Old Saxon, Old Norse, and Anglo-Saxon, and to declare one's incompetency to pass a judgment upon the subject. I do not say that the poem which is now published was not written in England ; but I say that the older poem, of which this is a modernized form, was shaped upon Angle legends, celebrates an Angle hero, and was in all probability both written in Anglen, and brought hither by some of the earliest Anglo-Saxon chieftains who settled upon our...
255. oldal - CHAUCER'S CANTERBURY TALES, with an Essay on his Language and Versification, an Introductory Discourse, and Glossary, by THOMAS TYRWHITT.
xvi. oldal - A. xv, and of which as accurate a copy as I could make is now presented to the reader, is, no doubt, not in its present form referable to so high an antiquity. In spite of its generally heathen character there occur in it Christian allusions which fix this text at least at a period subsequent to AD 597.