Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
appears Archbishop Whitgift ardent spirits atheism atonement attended believe benevolent Bible Society blessing Calvinists cast lots cause character Christ Christian church Clerus colony conduct Connecticut Connecticut River Consociation creatures death decrees destitute divine divine grace doctrine drink duty earth effect eternal evil exer exercise exertions existence faith favor feel friends glory God's gospel grace Hamilton College hand happiness hath heart heaven holy hope India infidelity infinite influence intemperance Isle of France Jesus justice labors live Lord Massachusetts ment mercy mind ministers mission Missionary moral nations nature never New-England object observed perfect persons Prattsburgh prayer preached Presbyterian present providence Puritans purpose reason reformation religion religious respect righteousness Sabbath salvation saved Scriptures sentiments settlement sinners sins soon soul sufferings thee things thou tion town truth unto UTICA vessels of wrath wisdom worship
44. oldal - There, if thy Spirit touch the soul, And grace her mean abode, Oh, with what peace, and joy, and love, She communes with her God ! There like the nightingale she pours Her solitary lays ; Nor asks a witness of her song, Nor thirsts for human praise.
207. oldal - God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness : because that which may be known of God is manifest in them ; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead : so that they are without excuse.
3. oldal - Lord's portion is his people ; Jacob is the lot of his inheritance. He found him in a desert land, and in the waste howling wilderness; he led him about, he instructed him, he kept him as the apple of his eye.
47. oldal - Ye fearful saints, fresh courage take, The clouds ye so much dread Are big with mercy, and shall break In blessings on your head...
24. oldal - For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, and have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, if they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
347. oldal - For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still.
26. oldal - My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me : And I give unto them eternal life ; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My father which gave them me is greater than all ; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
213. oldal - And now, brethren, I wot, that through ignorance ye did it, as did also your rulers.