Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able according agricultural allies already amongst appearance army authority bank beautiful boyards Bucarest building called capital Carpathians carried century chief church classes close complete concerning condition considerable course crossed Crown 8vo Dacia Danube defeated doubt Edition Emperor England English entered existence fact feet followed forces four francs French further German gipsies gives Government Greek hand head important institution interest King known labour land light live Maps matter means Michael Moldavia monastery natural officials origin pass peasantry peasants period persons Porte position possession practically present Prince Principalities prisoners probably question railway reader receive referred remains river Roman Roumania rule Russians salt says schools sent side speak stand tion took towns trade Trajan Turkish Turks various vols Wallachia whilst whole women Woodcuts writers
11. oldal - The Origin of Civilisation, and the Primitive Condition of Man ; Mental and Social Condition of Savages.
20. oldal - The Treasury of Bible Knowledge; being a Dictionary of the Books, Persons, Places, Events, and other Matters of which mention is made in Holy Scripture; intended to establish its Authority ' and illustrate its Contents. By Rev. J. AYRE, MA With Maps, 15 Plates, and numerous Woodcuts.
112. oldal - and that was far away. He recked not of the life he lost nor prize, But where his rude hut by the Danube lay, There were his young barbarians all at play, There was their Daci.an mother, — he, their sire, Butchered to make a Roman holiday! — All this rushed with his blood. — Shall he expire And unavenged? — Arise, ye Goths, and glut your ire!
13. oldal - The Theory of Strains in Girders and similar Structures, with Observations on the application of Theory to Practice, and Tables of the Strength and other Properties of Materials.
16. oldal - Historical and Critical Commentary on the Old Testament; with a New Translation.
17. oldal - The Alpine Club Map of Switzerland, with parts of the Neighbouring Countries, on the scale of Four Miles to an Inch. Edited by RC NICHOLS, FRGS In Four Sheets in Portfolio, price ifls.
15. oldal - LIBRARY EDITION, with all the Original Illustrations, Maps, Landscapes on Steel, Woodcuts, &c. 2 vols. 4to. 48s. INTERMEDIATE EDITION, with a Selection of Maps, Plates, and Woodcuts. 2 vols. square crown 8vo. 31s. Gd. PEOPLE'S EDITION, revised and condensed, with 46 Illustrations and Maps.
15. oldal - Defence of the Eclipse of Faith, by its Author ; a rejoinder to Dr. Newman's Seply.
16. oldal - Lectures on the Origin and Growth of Religion, as illustrated by the Religions of India ; being the Hibbert Lectures, delivered at the Chapter House, Westminster Abbey, in 1878, by F. MAX MULI.KR, MA Svo. IO.?. 6d. Introduction to the Science of Religion, Four Lectures delivered at the Royal Institution ; with Essays on False Analogies and the Philosophy of Mythology.