Christian Student: Designed to Assist Christians in General in Acquiring Religious Knowledge. with a List of Books Suitable for a Minister's Library
Perkins & Marvin, 1830 - 362 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able acquired affections answer attain believe Bible Bishop blessed called character Christ Christian Church clear Commentary controversy critical danger darkness Defence devotional Discourses divine doctrine duties error evangelical evidence evil excellent experience Exposition faith Fathers folio give given glory gospel grace heart History holy hope human ignorance important influence instruction Jesus Christ John judgment knowledge lead learning Letters light live Lord Luther means mind ministers nature never object observes Opera original persons piety points practical prayer preached present principles published reason receive Reformers religion religious remarks respecting salvation says Scrip Scriptures sentiments Sermons soul speak Spirit statement student Teacher teaching Testament thee things Thomas thought tion translated Treatise true truth understanding unto valuable Various editions views vols whole wisdom wise writers
229. oldal - The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord, and against his Anointed, saying, Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.
86. oldal - But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
282. oldal - Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any : even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
136. oldal - If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness, he is proud, knowing nothing...
269. oldal - I know not how, to be taken for granted, by many persons, that Christianity is not so much as a subject of inquiry ; but that it is now at length discovered to be fictitious...
61. oldal - Memory and her siren daughters, but by devout prayer to that Eternal Spirit who can enrich with all utterance and knowledge, and sends out his Seraphim with the hallowed fire of his altar, to touch and purify the lips of whom he pleases.
41. oldal - For God giveth to a man that is good in his sight wisdom, and knowledge, and joy: but to the sinner he giveth travail, to gather and to heap up, that he may give to him that is good before God.
16. oldal - My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.
14. oldal - And further, by these, my son, be admonished : of making many books there is no end ; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.