Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
action administrator admissible admitted agent Allen allowed answer appear apply assignee authority Bank Barb behalf believe Brown called cause character charged civil claim Code common Commonwealth competent witness Conn contract contradict conversation conviction court credibility crime criminal cross-examination Davis deceased decisions defendant direct effect event evidence examination excluded executor fact favor give given Gray ground held Hill husband impeach incompetent interest Iowa issue Johns Johnson Jones judge judgment jury knowledge liability Mass matter Miss ness oath objection offered Ohio opinion otherwise party permitted person plaintiff principal proceeding proof prosecution prove question reason received record refusal relation release rendered representative respect rule shown Smith statement statute sued suit supra taken Tenn testify testimony tion transaction trial truth United unless Wend White wife
159. oldal - There are particular relations in which it is the policy of the law to encourage confidence and to preserve it inviolate...
181. oldal - No person shall be disqualified as a witness in any civil or criminal case or proceeding by reason of his interest in the event of the same as a party or otherwise or by reason of his having been convicted of any crime; but such interest or conviction may be shown for the purpose of affecting his credibility...
508. oldal - Comparison of a disputed writing with any writing proved to the satisfaction of the Judge to be genuine, shall be permitted to be made by witnesses ; and such writings, and the evidence of witnesses respecting the same, may be submitted to the Court and Jury as evidence of the genuineness or otherwise of the writing in dispute.
151. oldal - That in actions by or against executors, administrators or guardians, in which judgment may be rendered for or against them, neither party shall be allowed to testify against the other, as to any transaction with, or statement by, the testator, intestate or ward, unless called to testify thereto by the opposite party, or required to testify thereto by the court.
221. oldal - A person duly authorized to practice physic or surgery, or a professional or registered nurse, shall not be allowed to disclose any information which he acquired in attending a patient in a professional capacity, and which was necessary to enable him to act in that capacity...
221. oldal - ... in the course of professional employment. 3. A clergyman or priest cannot, without the consent of the person making the confession, be examined as to any confession made to him in his professional character in the course of discipline enjoined by the church to which he belongs.
178. oldal - ... in regard to any personal transaction or communication between such witness and a person, at the time of such examination deceased, insane or lunatic, against the executor, administrator, heir at law, next of kin, assignee, legatee, devisee or survivor of such deceased person, or the assignee or committee of such insane person or lunatic.
164. oldal - ... during the marriage or afterwards, be, without the consent of the other, examined as to any communication made by one to the other, during the marriage; but this exception does not apply to a civil action or proceeding by one against the other, nor to a criminal action or proceeding for a crime committed by one against the other.
261. oldal - Columbia, the person so charged shall, at his own request but not otherwise, be a competent witness. And his failure to make such request shall not create any presumption against him.
488. oldal - ... the opinion of witnesses possessing peculiar skill is admissible whenever the subjectmatter of inquiry is such that inexperienced persons are unlikely to prove capable of forming a correct judgment upon it without such assistance, in other words, when it so far partakes of the nature of a science as to require a course of previous habit, or study, in order to the attainment of a knowledge of it.