Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
æther ambition angels art thou awful beams beneath bids bless blest bliss boast Book of Job breast bright Britain charms chimæra Codrus crown dæmons dare dark death deep delight divine dreadful dust earth eternal Ev'n fair fame fate fense flame fool foul genius give glorious glory gods grace grave groan guilt happiness heart heaven hope hoth human illustrious immortal labour Leviathan life's lord Lorenzo man's mankind mighty mind mortal mould Muse nature nature's ne'er night nought numbers nymphs o'er pain passion peace Pindar pleasure praise pride proud rage reason rife sacred Satire scene shew shine sield sire sirst skies smile song sools soul stars sting storm sublime sweet tempest thee theme thine thought throne thunder trembling triumph truth Twill virtue virtue's Voltaire wealth wife wing wisdom wretched
17. oldal - tis madness to defer ; Next day the fatal precedent will plead ; Thus on, till wisdom is push'd out of life. Procrastination is the thief of time ; Year after year it steals, till all are fled, And to the mercies of a moment leaves The vast concerns of an eternal scene.
21. oldal - Youth is not rich in time ; it may be poor ; Part with it as with money, sparing ; pay No moment, but in purchase of its worth ; And what its worth ask death-beds ; they can tell.
141. oldal - Enjoy the various riches nature yields ; Far nobler ! give the riches they enjoy ; Give taste to fruits ; and harmony to groves ; Their radiant beams to gold, and gold's bright...
61. oldal - And soon as man, expert from time, has found The key of life, it opes the gates of death.
6. oldal - We take no note of time But from its loss. To give it then a tongue Is wise in man. As if an angel spoke, I feel the solemn sound. If heard aright, It is the knell of my departed hours : Where are they ? With the years beyond the flood.
31. oldal - Tis greatly wise to talk with our past hours ; And ask them, what report they bore to heaven : And how they might have borne more welcome news.
242. oldal - All the black cares and tumults of this life, Like harmless thunders, breaking at his feet, Excite his pity, not impair his peace.
79. oldal - Religion's All. Descending from the skies To wretched man, the goddess in her left Holds out this world, and, in her right, the next...