Official Report of the Reunion of the Descendants of Governor Thomas Dudley: Containing an Account of the Preliminary Arrangements, Business Meeting, Organization, Reception and Dinner, of the Governor Thomas Dudley Family Association
Salem Observer Book and Job Print, 1893
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
accepted Address ancestor Anne annual meeting Association authority Board born Boston Bradstreet called Cambridge century character CHARLES charter Child church College colony Committee court daughter Dean Dear death descendants desire died Directors Dudley's duty early EDWIN Elizabeth England Exeter fact father four give given Governor Thomas Dudley hand Harvard held Henry Historian honor hope hundred interest JAMES John Joseph Dudley justice known Lady land later letter lived married Mary Mass Massachusetts meeting memory mind Miss never Paul Dudley persons present President Puritan received record reunion Roxbury Salem Samuel Dudley says Secretary seems sent things thought tion town Treasurer vote wife Wiggin Winthrop write written York
29. oldal - Near yonder copse, where once the garden smiled, And still where many a garden -flower grows wild; There, where a few torn shrubs the place disclose, The village preacher's modest mansion rose. A man he was to all the country dear, And passing rich with forty pounds a year...
48. oldal - To the end the body of the commons may be preserved of honest and good men, it was ordered and agreed, that, for the time to come, no man shall be admitted to the freedom of this body politic, but such as are members of some of the churches within the limits of the same.
32. oldal - I had eight birds hatched in one nest; Four cocks there were, and hens the rest. I nursed them up with pain and care, Nor cost nor labor did I spare, Till at the last they felt their wing, Mounted the trees, and learned to sing.
51. oldal - Entreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee. For whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge. Thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God. Where thou diest, I will die, and there will I be buried. The Lord do so to me, and more also, if aught but death part thee and me.
35. oldal - Wisdom's self Oft seeks to sweet retired solitude ; Where, with her best nurse, Contemplation, She plumes her feathers, and lets grow her wings, That in the various bustle of resort Were all too ruffled, and sometimes impair'd. He that has light within his own clear breast, May sit i...
53. oldal - Careless their merits or their faults to scan, His pity gave ere charity began. Thus to relieve the wretched was his pride, And e'en his failings lean'd to virtue's side...
25. oldal - After a short time I changed my condition and was married, and came into this Country, where I found a new world and new manners, at which my heart rose. But after I was convinced it was the way of God, I submitted to it and joined to the church at Boston.
33. oldal - Ye shall no more give the people straw to make brick, as heretofore : let them go and gather straw for themselves.
36. oldal - Godly young woman and of special parts) who was fallen into a sad infirmity, the loss of her understanding and reason, which had been growing upon her divers years by occasion of her giving herself wholly to reading and writing, and had written many books.
53. oldal - Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them. But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister; and whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant...