Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
agitated almoſt apartment appeared approached arms attention believe boat called CHAP circumſtance conceal continued contrived Convent Count Courcy crime determined effected Eglan emotion endeavoured eſcape evidence exclaimed exiſtence eyes faithful Father fear feelings fire firſt follow Francis friends Gerneval Godfrey guilt hand heard heart Heaven herſelf himſelf holy honour hope horrible horror hour human Ignatius imagination immediately innocence Iſabelle Italy Javot Julette Lady Geneviora laſt light live looked Mademoiſelle means mind Monk Moor moſt muſt nature never night object obliged perceived perſon poor prepared preſent priſon quitted raiſed reaſon receive reflected remain reſpect rocks ruin ſaid Eglantine ſaw ſecret ſee ſeemed ſhall ſhe ſhore ſhould ſome ſometimes ſoul SPIRIT ſtill ſtrange ſuch ſuffered ſure ſuſpicion tears tell terrible theſe thing thoſe thought tion turned voice whilſt whoſe wiſhed wonderful young
86. oldal - O, welcome, pure-eyed Faith, white-handed Hope, Thou hovering angel girt with golden wings, And thou unblemished form of Chastity! I see ye visibly, and now believe That He, the Supreme Good, to whom all things ill Are but as slavish officers of vengeance, Would send a glistering guardian, if need were, To keep my life and honour unassailed...
179. oldal - How shocking must thy summons be, O Death, To him that is at ease in his possessions; Who, counting on long years of pleasure here, Is quite unfurnish'd for that world to come ! In that dread moment, how the frantic soul Raves round the walls of her clay tenement, Runs to each avenue, and shrieks for help ; But shrieks in vain ! How wishfully she looks On all she's leaving, now no longer hers!
259. oldal - Reel over his full bowl, and when 'tis drain'd Fill up another to the brim, and laugh At the poor bug-bear Death ; then might the wretch That's weary of the world, and tir'd of life, At once...
289. oldal - Shrine the Goddefs finds. And One alone, to make her fweet Amends For abfent Heav'n — the Bofom of a Friend ; Where Heart meets Heart, reciprocally foft, Each other's Pillow to Repofe divine.
10. oldal - Then pleas'd and thankful from the porch they go, And (but the landlord) none had caufe of woe; His cup was vanifh'd ; for in fecret guife The younger gueft purloin'd the glitt'ring prize.
105. oldal - Courtefy is fooner found in lonely fheds With fmoaky rafters, than in tap'ftry halls And courts of princes, where it firft was nam'd, And yet is moft pretended. MASK. FURTHER, the free commerce of the ladies, in thofe knots and circles of the great, would operate fo far on the fturdieft knights, as to give birth to the attentions of gallantry. But this gallantry would take a refined turn, not only from the neceffity there was of maintaining the...