The Law Journal for the Year 1832-1949: Comprising Reports of Cases in the Courts of Chancery, King's Bench, Common Pleas, Exchequer of Pleas, and Exchequer of Chamber, ...
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
according aforesaid allowed amended amount appeal applied appointed authorized borough building cause charged clauses clerk Commissioners contained continue conviction copy Court directed district duties effect election enacted England entered entitled evidence examination exceeding execution expenses further give given granted ground guardians held interest Ireland issued judgment Justices lands liable limits Lord Majesty's manner matter mean meeting mentioned months necessary notice objection occupier offence officer otherwise owner paid parish Parliament party passing payable payment Peace penalty person poor powers present proceedings Quarter Sessions Queen question reason received recited Act recorded referred refuse regulations relating relief removal rent respect rule Schedule Scotland Sessions settlement sheriff shew special Act statute sufficient taken therein thereof town undertakers union vessel Vict warrant
112. oldal - Exchange shall be good, valid, and effectual in the Law to all Intents and Purposes whatsoever...
83. oldal - Act shall be so incorporated as aforesaid ; and the word " prescribed," used in this Act in reference to any matter herein stated, shall be construed to refer to such matter as the same shall be prescribed or provided for in the special Act ; and the sentence in which such word shall occur shall be construed as if, instead of the word
152. oldal - ... and every word importing the singular number only shall extend and be applied to several persons or things as well as one person or thing ; and every word importing the masculine gender only shall extend and be applied to a female as well as a male.
254. oldal - Person to be imprisoned in the Common Gaol or House of Correction for any Time not exceeding Three Calendar Months, unless the Sum or Sums therein mentioned shall be sooner paid...
215. oldal - ... shall be guilty of felony ; and, being convicted thereof, shall be liable, at the discretion of the Court, to be transported beyond the seas for life, *or for any term not less than seven years, or to be imprisoned for any term not exceeding four years : and, if a male, to be once, twice, or thrice publicly or privately whipped (if the Court shall so think fit,) in addition to such imprisonment...
30. oldal - Act incorporated therewith, shall have the meanings hereby assigned to them, unless there be something in the subject or context repugnant to such construction...
287. oldal - ACT for the FURTHER AMENDMENT of the LAWS relating to the POOR in ENGLAND...
121. oldal - ... that is to say : words importing the singular number shall include the plural number, and words importing the plural number shall include the singular number, words importing the masculine gender shall include females ; the word " Month," shall mean Calendar Month ; the expression
140. oldal - ... and at such special or adjourned sessions the justices there present shall hear and determine all objections to any such rate on the ground of inequality, unfairness, or incorrectness in the valuation...
194. oldal - Majesty, it shall be lawful for One of Her Majesty's Principal Secretaries of State, or in Ireland for the...