The Personality and Office of the Christian Comforter Asserted and Explained: In a Course of Sermons on John XVI.7., Preached Before the University of Oxford, in the Year MDCCCXV, at the Lecture Founded by the Late Rev. John Bampton, M.A., Canon of Salisbury
University Press for J. Hatchard, 1816 - 589 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The Personality And Office Of The Christian Comforter: Asserted And ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2019
accorded acknowledged Acts Almighty already ancient angel answer Apostles appear apply argument ascribe assertion authority believe blessed called cause character Christ Christian Church circumstances Comforter common continue Deity deny described distinct distinguished Divine doctrine doubt doubtless effect error eternal evidence existence expect expressions fact faith Father favour followers former gift given God's Gospel grace hands hearts heathen Holy Ghost hope human influence inspiration instance Jesus Jews John knowledge known language learned least Lecture less Lord mankind manner means Metatron Michael mysterious nature necessary never objection observe opinion original Page particular passage Paul perhaps Person possible practice present principle promise Prophets prove question quod reason received religion respect revelation Scrip Scripture sect sense single soul speak Spirit sufficient supposed things tion truth understand universal unto writings δε εν και
370. oldal - And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves : for I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.
453. oldal - God, we most *.*. heartily thank thee, for that thou dost vouchsafe to feed us, who have duly received these holy mysteries, with the spiritual food of the most precious Body and Blood of thy Son our Saviour Jesus Christ; and dost assure us thereby of thy favour and goodness towards us; and that we are very members incorporate in the mystical body of thy Son, which is the blessed company of all faithful people...
286. oldal - NOW of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens; 2 A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.
374. oldal - See, the Lord hath called by name Bezaleel the son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah ; and he hath filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship...
243. oldal - Beware of him, and obey his voice, provoke him not; for he will not pardon your transgressions, for My Name is in him.
397. oldal - God ; for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is the rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
286. oldal - And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer ; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should ofier it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne. And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand.