« ElőzőTovább »
THE UNITED KINGDOM
GREAT BRITAIN AND IRELAND,
26 & 27 VICTORIA, 1863.
WITH TABLES SHOWING THE EFFECT OF THE YEAR'S LEGISLATION,
AND A COPIOUS INDEX.
BY GEORGE KETTILBY RICKARDS, Esq.,
OF THE INNER TEMPLE,
COUNSEL TO THE SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE OF COMMONS.
PRINTED BY GEORGE E. EYRE AND WILLIAM SPOTTISWOODE,
Containing the TITLES of all
Passed in the FIFTH Session of the EIGHTEENTH Parliament
The United Kingdom of GREAT BRITAIN and IRELAND ;
26° & 27° VICTORIÆ.
PUBLIC GENERAL ACTS.
1. AN Act to enable Her Majesty to provide for the Establishment of His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales and Her Royal Highness the Princess Alexandra of Denmark, and to settle certain Annuities on Her Royal Highness. Page 1 2. An Act to make Provision concerning Bills of Exchange and Promissory Notes payable in the Metropolis on the Day appointed for the Passage through the Metropolis of Her Royal Highness the Princess Alexandra of Denmark. 3. An Act to extend the Credit for Payment of a Portion of the Excise Duty on Malt.
4. An Act to extend for a further Period the Provisions of the Union Relief Aid Act of the last Session.
5. An Act to amend the Law relating to the Royal Naval Coast Volunteers.
6. An Act to apply the Sum of Ten Millions out of the Consolidated Fund to the Service of the Year One thousand eight hundred and sixty-three.
7. An Act for altering the Duties on Tobacco, and permitting the Manufacture of Cavendish and Negrohead in Bond. Ibid. 8. An Act for punishing Mutiny and Desertion, and for the better Payment of the Army and their Quarters.
9. An Act for the Regulation of Her Majesty's Royal Marine Forces while on shore.
10. An Act for prohibiting the Exportation of Salmon at
11. An Act for the Registration of Births and Deaths in
12. An Act to abolish the Office of Secretary at War, and to transfer the Duties of that Office to One of Her Majesty's Principal Secretaries of State.
13. An Act for the Protection of certain Garden or Ornamental Grounds in Cities and Boroughs.
14. An Act to amend the Law relating to Post Office Savings Banks.
59 15. An Act to apply the Sum of Twenty Millions out of the Consolidated Fund to the Service of the Year One thousand eight hundred and sixty-three.
62 16. An Act for raising the Sum of One Million Pounds by Exchequer Bonds for the Service of the Year One thousand eight hundred and sixty-three.
Ibid. 17. An Act for amending the Local Government Act (1858). 63 18. An Act to authorize the Inclosure of certain Lands in pursuance of a Report of the Inclosure Commissioners for England and Wales.
65 19. An Act to amend the Law relative to the Sale of Hares in Ireland. 66 Ibid.
20. An Act to further limit and define the Time for proceeding to Election during the Recess. 21. An Act to amend the Law enabling Boards of Guardians to recover Costs of Maintenance of illegitimate Children in certain Cases in Ireland.
67 22. An Act to grant certain Duties of Customs and Inland Revenue.
23. An Act to alter the Boundaries of New Zealand. 24. An Act to facilitate the Appointment of Vice Admirals and of Officers in Vice Admiralty Courts in Her Majesty's Possessions abroad, and to confirm the past Proceedings, to extend the Jurisdiction, and to amend the Practice of those Courts.
25. An Act to make further Provision for the Investment of the Monies received by the Commissioners for the Reduction of the National Debt from the Trustees of Savings Banks established under the Enactments of the Act Ninth George the Fourth, Chapter Ninety-two.
26. An Act to facilitate the Drainage of Land in Ireland. 84 27. An Act to amend the Law relating to Marriages in Ireland.
28. An Act to give further Facilities to the Holders of the Public Stocks.
29. An Act to amend and continue the Law relating to Corrupt Practices at Elections of Members of Parliament.
30. An Act to authorize further Harbour Regulations for the Protection of Her Majesty's Ships, Dockyards, and Naval Stations.
31. An Act for the Government of the Cayman Islands. 106 32. An Act to confirm certain Provisional Orders under the Local Government Act (1858) relating to the Districts of Basford, Teignmouth, Kingston-upon-Hull, Nottingham, Bradford, Ryde, Bedford, Croydon, Batley, Berwick-uponTweed, Sheerness, and Bromsgrove.
33. An Act for granting to Her Majesty certain Duties of Inland Revenue; and to amend the Laws relating to the Inland Revenue.
34. An Act to carry into effect an additional Article to the Treaty of the Seventh Day of April One thousand eight hundred and sixty-two, between Her Majesty and the United States of America, for the Suppression of the African Slave Trade. 137
35. An Act for the Prevention and Punishment of Offences committed by Her Majesty's Subjects in South Africa. 139 36. An Act for carrying into effect the Report of the Commissioners appointed to inquire into the State of the Dioceses of Canterbury, London, Winchester, and Rochester; and for other Purposes.
37. An Act to defray the Charge of the Pay, Clothing, and contingent and other Expenses of the Disembodied Militia in Great Britain and Ireland; to grant Allowances in certain Cases to Subaltern Officers, Adjutants, Paymasters, Quartermasters, Surgeons, Assistant Surgeons, and Surgeons Mates of the Militia; and to authorize the Employment of the Non-commissioned Officers. 143 38. An Act to amend the Act for placing the Employment of Women, young Persons, and Children in Bleaching Works and Dyeing Works under the Regulations of the Factories Act.
Ibid. 39. An Act to authorize the Inclosure of certain Lands in pursuance of a Special Report of the Inclosure Commissioners.
40. An Act for the Regulation of Bakehouses. 41. An Act to amend the Law respecting the Liability of Innkeepers, and to prevent certain Frauds upon them. 148 42. An Act to amend the Act of the Twentieth and Twentyfirst Years of Victoria, authorizing the Sale of Mill Sites and Water Powers by the Commissioners of Public Works in Ireland.
43. An Act to enable Her Majesty's Postmaster General to sell and otherwise dispose of Land. Ibid. 44. An Act for the further Security of the Persons of Her Majesty's Subjects from personal Violence.
151 45. An Act for making a new Street from Blackfriars to the Mansion House in the City of London in connexion with the Embankment of the River Thames on the Northern Side of that River; and for other Purposes. 152
46. An Act for further continuing and appropriating the London Coal and Wine Duties. 159
47. An Act for removing Doubts as to the Powers of the Courts of the Church of Scotland, and extending the Powers of the said Courts.
48. An Act to repeal the Act of the Twentieth and Twentyfirst Years of Her Majesty, Chapter Sixty-six, for punishing Mutiny and Desertion of Officers and Soldiers in the Service of the East India Company; and for regulating in such Service the Payment of Regimental Debts and the Distribu