Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Norway: Its People, Products, and Institutions - Scholar's Choice Edition
REV Dr John Bowden
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2015
allowed ancient animal appear asked attended Bergen building called carried CHAPTER Christiania church classes clergyman Cloth coast common considerable considered course covered dinner distance districts doubt dress Edition England English especially excellent expected fact fall feeling fish fjord formed giant give given hand happens head hospitable Illustrations interesting islands Italy kind King lady lake land language Lapp live look manner means mention miles mountains nature North Norway Norwegian occasion official once orders party pass peasant person poor Post 8vo present prisoners reason receive reindeer remained reside respect river rocks round scenery seen side sledge snow soon stone Storthing story strong supposed Sweden taken town traveller University valley Vols wear winter young
15. oldal - ... presents a text very materially altered and amended from beginning to end, with a large body of critical Notes almost entirely new, and a Glossary, in which the language of the poet, his allusions to customs, &c., are fully explained. '' The best text of Shakespeare which has yet appeared. Mr. Dyce's edition is a great work, worthy of his reputation, and for the present it contains the standard text.
16. oldal - A Collection of Plans of English Homesteads existing in different Districts of the Country, carefully selected from the most approved Specimens of Farm Architecture, to Illustrate the Accommodation required under various Modes of Husbandry; with a Digest of the Leading Principles recognised in the Construction and Arrangement of the Buildings. Edited by J. BAILEY DENTON, M.
18. oldal - Cookery for the Working Classes.' With numerous illustrations in chromolithography. We shall not affect to pass judgmant on the vast variety of recipes which carry out the abundant promise of Francatelli's title-page. It is enough to absolve us from such endless labour to mention that the contents of the chapters occupy 15 pages, and that the index in which the references are printed very closely, comprises upwards of 20 pages, and includes all imaginable products of the confectionery art...
12. oldal - CARLYLE— HISTORY OF FRIEDRICH THE SECOND, called FREDERICK THE GREAT. By THOMAS CARLYLE. With Portraits and Maps. Third Edition. Vols. I. and II., demy 8vo..
7. oldal - a book worth a thousand gilt Christmas volumes, and one most suitable as a gift to intellectual and earnestly inquiring students." NB— In the new edition of " The World before the Deluge," the text has been again thoroughly revised by Mr.
19. oldal - OUTLINES OF THE HISTORY OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE. For the Use of the Junior Classes in Colleges, and the Higher Classes in Schools. By GEORGE L. CRAIK. Fourth Edition, revised and improved. Post 8vo., cloth. 2«.
131. oldal - If there is no ice or snow, the ground is marshy, and nothing can be transported over it. Winter is the time for merrymakings, indoors and out ; and, above all, for sledging. The horse of each sledge is bound by law to carry a small bell on its neck, which not only makes a musical tinkling in the dry, frosty air, but also prevents accidents ; for the sledge runs at a very rapid rate, and without noise over the snow, and the foot-passenger who wants to keep his bones unbroken must keep out of the...
15. oldal - Crown %vo., with Frontispieces, and bound in Green Paper Boards. Price 2s. per Volume. Already Published. THE PICKWICK PAPERS 2 vols. NICHOLAS NICKLEBY . 2 vols. BARNABY RUDGE and REPRINTED PIECES .... 2 vols. OLIVER TWIST i vol. CHRISTMAS BOOKS :........! vol.