Sacred Biography, Or, The History of the Patriarchs: To which is Added the History of Deborah, Ruth, and Hannah, and Also the History of Jesus Christ , Being a Course of Lectures Delivered at the Scotch [i.e. Scots] Church, London Wall, 1. kötet
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Abraham Abram according Adam affection appear become behold believe blessed blood bring brother brought called character child Christ conduct continually covenant danger daughter death divine earth Egypt employed Esau evil eyes faith father fear feel give given glory hand happiness hath head heart heaven holy honour hope human hundred important increase instructive interest Isaac Jacob Jesus Joseph kind king land LECTURE length light lived look Lord mankind means mind mother nature never Noah object observe offering once parents pass patriarch peace perfect period person possession present preserved prince promise prophets Providence received religion respect rest sacred scripture servant sons spirit tender thee things thou thousand tion truth unto whole wisdom wise
65. oldal - Let there be no strife, I pray thee, between me and thee, and between my herdmen and thy herdmen ; for we be brethren. Is not the whole land before thee? separate thyself, I pray thee, from me : if thou wilt take the left hand, then I will go to the right ; or if thou depart to the right hand, then I will go to the left.
64. oldal - And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen ; and poured out the changers...
66. oldal - And Lot lifted up his eyes, and beheld all the plain of Jordan, that it was well watered every where, before the LORD destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, even as the garden of the LORD, like the land of Egypt, as thou comest unto Zoar.
15. oldal - And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; and the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
67. oldal - Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward : for all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.
84. oldal - In those days, and in that time, saith the LORD, the children of Israel shall come, they and the children of Judah together, going and weeping: they shall go, and seek the LORD their God. They shall ask the way to Zion with their faces thitherward, saying, Come, and let us join ourselves to the LORD in a perpetual covenant that shall not be forgotten.
56. oldal - How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!
83. oldal - And they said one to another, We are verily guilty concerning our brother, in that we saw the anguish of his soul, when he besought us, and we would not hear ; therefore is this distress come upon us.