Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
already ancient appear Arabs arms Assyrian banks bas-reliefs bricks brought building built bull called carried Chaldeans chamber chariot chief Christians completely containing continued covered descended described difficulty discovered earth East edifice entrance evidently excavations face feet figures followed formed four frequently hand head horsemen horses houses inhabitants inscriptions Khorsabad king Kouyunjik Kurds leave lions looked lower Mosul mound mountains nature nearly night Nimroud object once opened orders origin ornaments palace party pashaw passed Persian plain present preserved priests principal probably raising reached received remains removed represented resembling rest river rocks rode round ruins scarcely sculptures sent Sheikh side similar slabs soon standing stones surrounded taken tents Tigris tion tomb town traced trees trenches tribe upper valley village walls warriors whole winged women workmen Yezidis
333. oldal - The men of Arvad with thine army were upon thy walls round about, and the Gammadims were in thy towers: they hanged their shields upon thy walls round about; they have made thy beauty perfect.
5. oldal - He has left the land where nature is still lovely, where, in his mind's eye, he can rebuild the temple or the theatre, half doubting whether they would have made a more grateful impression upon' the senses than the ruin before him. He is now at a loss to give any form to the rude heaps upon which he is gazing.
258. oldal - ... only the trees which thou knowest that they be not trees for meat, thou shalt destroy and cut them down ; and thou shalt build bulwarks against the city that maketh war with thee, until it be subdued.
56. oldal - All the fowls of heaven made their nests in his boughs, and under his branches did all the beasts of the field bring forth their young, and under his shadow dwelt all great nations.
49. oldal - Bey," exclaimed one of them — " hasten to the diggers, for they have found Nimrod himself. "Wallah, it is wonderful, but it is true ! we have seen him with our eyes. There is no God but God...
258. oldal - Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon, a king of kings, from the north, with horses, and with chariots, and with horsemen, and companies, and much people.
221. oldal - ... day of trouble, and of treading down, and of perplexity by the Lord GOD of hosts in the valley of vision, breaking down the walls, and of crying to the mountains.
168. oldal - On the walls of the room are pasted slips of paper, upon which are written, in distorted Hebrew characters, religious exhortations, and the dates and particulars of the visits of various Jewish families. The house containing the tomb is a modern building. There are no inscriptions, nor fragments of any antiquity about the place...
51. oldal - This is not the work of men's hands," exclaimed he, "but of those infidel giants of whom the Prophet, peace be with him ! has said, that they were higher than the tallest date-tree ; this is one of the idols which Noah, peace be with him ! cursed before the flood.