The Sacred and Prophane History of the World Connected: From the Creation of the World to the Dissolution of the Assyrian Empire at the Death of Sardanapalus, and to the Declension of the Kingdoms of Judah and Israel, Under the Reigns of Ahaz and Pekah, 2. kötet
J. and R. Tonson, 1743 - 4 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able Abraham according Account againſt Ages agree amongſt ancient anſwer appear appointed Author becauſe began Bleſſing Book born built called Canaan Cecrops Chap Children Chron City Country Days Death Deity deſigned died Diodorus directed divine early Egypt Egyptian Empire Eſau evident Family Father firſt five follow formed give given Gods Greeks Heathen Hebrew himſelf Hiſtory imagine Iſaac Iſraelites Jacob King Kingdoms Land learned Length lived Lord Magicians manner Maſter Meaning mentioned Mofes Moſes moſt muſt Name Nature Number obſerve offered Opinion particular performed perhaps Perſon Pharaoh Place Power Prieſts probably Reaſon Reign Religion remarkable repreſented ſaid ſame ſays ſee ſeems ſent Servants ſet ſeveral ſhould ſome Sons Subjects ſuch ſuppoſe themſelves theſe Things thoſe thought tion took true unto uſed Verſe whole World Worſhip Writers
175. oldal - Isaac; (for the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth): it was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger. As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
436. oldal - Hath the LORD indeed spoken only by Moses? hath he not spoken also by us? And the LORD heard it. 3 (Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the face of the earth...
21. oldal - And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him : for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son, from me.
441. oldal - And the children of Israel did according to the word of Moses; and they borrowed of the Egyptians jewels of silver, and jewels of gold, and raiment: And the LORD gave the people favour in the sight of the Egyptians, so that they lent unto them such things as they required. And they spoiled the Egyptians.
454. oldal - ... and the waters were divided. So the children of Israel went into the midst of the sea on the dry ground, and the waters were a wall to them on their right hand and on their left...
428. oldal - And the Lord gave the people favour in the sight of the Egyptians. Moreover the man Moses was very great in the land of Egypt, in the sight of Pharaoh's servants, and in the sight of the people.
444. oldal - And it came to pass, when Pharaoh had let the people go, that God led them not through the way of the land of the Philistines, although that was near; for God said, Lest peradventure the people repent when they see war, and they return to Egypt...
69. oldal - Saul, a choice young man, and a goodly : and there was not among the children of Israel a goodlier person than he : from his shoulders and upward he was higher than any of the people.