Illustrations of Popery: The "mystery of Iniquity" Unveiled: in Its "Damnable Heresies, Lying Wonders, and Strong Delusion. With the Sanguinary Persecutions of the "woman Drunken with the Blood of the Saints."
J.P. Callender, 1838 - 540 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according accursed altar ancient Apostle appointed authority baptism beast believe bishops blood body bread bull called canon Cardinal cause century ceremonies character Christ Christian church civil command condemned confession consecrated corruption council cross death decrees divine doctrine ecclesiastical Emperor equally error existence extirpate faith Father give gospel grace hands hath head heaven heretics History holy human images indulgences infallibility Inquisitors instituted Italy Jesuits Jesus John judge king living Lord mass monks Moral nature observed offered Pagan Papacy Papal Papists penance period persons Peter Pontiff Pope Popery Popish practice prayer Prelates present Priest Protestants punishment Question received Reformation religion respecting Roman Rome Romish sacrament sacred saints Scriptures sins soul spirit things tion Trent true truth universal Whoever shall affirm whole wine worship
482. oldal - LET a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God.
101. oldal - And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast. And they •worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast ? who is able to make war with him?
456. oldal - And in the Holy Ghost the Lord and Giver of life, who proceedeth from the Father and the Son ; who together with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified ; who spoke by the prophets : — and one holy, catholic and apostolic church.
480. oldal - Is any man sick among you ? Let him bring in the priests of the Church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord, and the prayer of faith shall save the sick man ; and the Lord shall raise him up : and if he be in sins, they shall be forgiven him...
244. oldal - God a true, proper, and propitiatory sacrifice for the living and the dead. And that in the most holy sacrament of the eucharist, there is truly, really, and substantially the body and blood, together with the soul and divinity of our Lord Jesus Christ...
456. oldal - God of God, Light of Light, Very God of Very God, Begotten, not made, Being of one substance with the Father, By whom all things were made; Who for us men and for our salvation came down from heaven And was incarnate by the Holy Ghost of the Virgin Mary And was made man; And was crucified also for us under Pontius Pilate.
421. oldal - And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.
243. oldal - Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of the Father before all worlds, God of God, Light of Light, Very God of Very God, begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father, by whom all things were made; who for us men, and for our salvation, came down from heaven, and was incarnate by the Holy Spirit of the Virgin Mary, and was made man, and was crucified also for us under Pontius Pilate.