Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
2dly acres afterward Anna Anne Augustine Herrman Benjamin Harrison Berkeley Bohemia born brother Burwell Cary Charles Carroll Charles Carter Children Church circa Cleve Colonel John Colonel John Page Colonial Corotoman Council County death descendants died Digges Edward eldest Eliza Elizabeth England Evelyn Byrd father Francis George Gloucester Co Governor Graeme Park Harriet Harrison of Brandon Henry Hill issue James River Jefferson John Carter Judith June Keith Kiliaen Kiliaen Van Rensselaer King Carter land Landon Carter letter Lewis Lord Lucy Mann Mann Page Manor mansion Maria married Mary Maryland Matthew Morven Nathaniel Nathaniel Harrison Nelson Parish Patroon Philadelphia Philip plantation portrait President Rensselaer Richard Stockton Richmond Robert Carter Rosewell Sabine Hall Samuel Sarah SELAER Sept Shirley Signer Susanna Thomas Coates tomb Virginia Walker whilst wife William Byrd William Randolph York
29. oldal - The testimony of the monument is prolix and exhaustive, forestalling, one might suppose, the necessity of any other post-mortem memorial. " Here lieth the Honorable William Byrd, Esq. Being born to one of the amplest fortunes in this country, he was sent early to England for his education, where, under the care and direction of Sir Robert Southwell, and ever favored with his particular instructions, he made a happy proficiency in polite and various learning. By the means of the same noble friend,...
312. oldal - That it is inseparably essential to the freedom of a people, and the undoubted right of Englishmen, that no taxes be imposed on them but with their own consent, given personally or by their representatives.
127. oldal - Maries at the two most usual feasts in the year viz : at the feast of the Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary and at the feast of Saint Michael the Archangel...
17. oldal - Her throat is like the swan; Her face it is the fairest That e'er the sun shone on— That e'er the sun shone on— And dark blue is her ee; And for bonnie Annie Laurie I'd lay me doun and dee. Like dew on the gowan lying Is the fa...
61. oldal - I am not conscious of deserving more at your hands than what the purest and most disinterested friendship has a right to claim; actuated by which you will permit me to thank you in the most affectionate manner for the kind wishes you have so happily expressed for me and the partner of all my domestic enjoyments. Be assured we can never forget our friend at Morven, and that I am, my dear madam, with every sentiment of friendship and esteem, your most obedient and obliged servant, G.
43. oldal - When we got home, we laid the foundation of two large cities. One at Shacco's, to be called Richmond, and the other at the point of Appomattox River, to be called Petersburg.
136. oldal - But evil things, in robes of sorrow, Assailed the monarch's high estate ; (Ah, let us mourn, for never morrow Shall dawn upon him desolate!) And round about his home the glory That blushed and bloomed. Is but a dim-remembered story Of the old time entombed.
41. oldal - ... was thrice appointed publick agent to the Court and ministry of England, and being thirty-seven years a member at last became President of the Council of this Colony to all this were added a great elegancy of taste and life, the well-bred gentleman and polite companion the splendid Oeconomist and prudent father of a family with the constant enemy of all exhorbitant power and hearty friend to the liberties of his Country, Nat: Mar.
41. oldal - ... had like to have treated him roughly. After excusing the unseasonableness of his visit and letting us know he was a parliament man, he swore he was so taken with our lodging that he would set fire to his house as soon as he got home and teach his wife and children to lie, like us, in the open field.