Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
40 Illustrations altar ancient antique artists BARNABY RUDGE beautiful bishop bone British museum caskets cathedral cathedral of Monza character Charlemagne chess chessmen chryselephantine cloth coffer colour comb consul consular diptychs crown 8vo d'ivoire decorations demy 8vo diptychs draperies eburnea EDITION eleventh England English engraved examples executed figures flabella flabellum Flavius fourteenth century French given Gori Greek head horn Hygieia inches incised inscription inventories ivory carvings Labarte lady leaf leaves library at Paris LITTLE DORRIT Lord manuscript Marcus Stone MARTIN CHUZZLEWIT mediaeval mentioned middle ages mirror ninth century numerous Woodcuts ornament panels pastoral staff Pausanias perhaps Phidias pieces plaques preserved probably professor Westwood queen referred relics remarkable represented romance saints says scarcely sculpture sixth century South Kensington collection South Kensington museum statues statuette style subjects tablets thirteenth century Toreutic treasury triptych tusks Veroli vols volute walrus wood woodcut workmanship writers
129. oldal - The Life and Times of Prince Charles Stuart, Count of Albany, commonly called the Young Pretender. From the State Papers and other Sources. New and Cheaper Edition, with a Portrait, crown 8vo, cloth extra, 7s.
129. oldal - SON (THE MISSES)— TRIQUETI MARBLES IN THE ALBERT MEMORIAL CHAPEL, WINDSOR. A Series of Photographs. Dedicated by express permission to Her Majesty the Queen. The Work consists of 117 Photographs, with descriptive Letterpress, mounted on 49 sheets of cardboard, half-imperial.
110. oldal - His felaw had a staf tipped with horn, A pair of tables all of ivory, And a pointel ypolished fetisly. And wrote alway the names, as he stood, Of alle folk that yave hem any good, Askaunce that he wolde for hem preye.
128. oldal - A Handbook of Architectural Styles. Translated from the German of A. RoSENGARTEN by W. COLLETT-SANDARS. With 639 Illustrations. Crown 8vo, Coloured Frontispiece and Illustrations, cloth gilt, "]s.
22. oldal - From the middle of the fourth century down to the end of the sixteenth, we have an unbroken chain of examples still existing. Individual pieces may, perhaps, in many instances be of questionable origin as regards the country of the artist, and sometimes with respect to the exact date within fifty, or even a hundred years. But there is no doubt whatever that, increasing in number as they come nearer to the Middle Ages, we can refer to carved ivories of every century preserved in museums in England...
2. oldal - A true elephant roamed in countless herds over the temperate and northern parts of Europe, Asia, and America. This was the creature called by the Russians, Mammoth; it was warmly clad with both hair and fur, as became an animal deriving sustenance from the leaves and branches of trees, which grow as high as the 65th degree of north latitude.
1. oldal - The name ivory is now restricted to that modification of dentine or tooth substance which in transverse sections or fractures shows lines of different colours, or striae, proceeding in the arc of a circle and forming by their dccussations minute curvilinear lozenge-shaped spaces.
134. oldal - ... widely-increasing popularity, have never yet been worthily presented in a really handsome library form. The collection comprises all the minor writings it was Mr. Dickens's wish to preserve. SKETCHES BY
109. oldal - Et meditata manu componit verba trementi: dextra tenet ferrum, vacuam tenet altera ceram. Incipit et dubitat; scribit damnatque tabellas; et notat et delet; mutat culpatque probatque inque vicem sumptas ponit positasque resumit. 525 Quid velit, ignorat; quidquid factura videtur, displicet; in vultu est audacia mixta pudori. Scripta