Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
acquired affection amidst amusement apostle appear attention beauty benevolence Bible blessed catechisms CHAPTER character charity child Christ Christian church comfort conduct connected considered delight disposition diurnal motion divine divine grace domestic duty earth eternal evil exer exercise exhibited existence faith father feel give glory gospel grace habits happiness heart heaven holy honor human idea illustrated important improvement influence instruction intel interesting irreligion Jehovah Jesus Christ kind knowledge lence ligion live look Lord mankind manner marriage means ment mind misery moral natural philosophy nature neglect neral ness never objects parents passions persons piety pleasure present principles pupils quire racter rational reason religion religious render salvation scenes schools Scotland Scripture seminaries servants sins society soul spirit tain teacher temper thing thou tion truth virtue word young youth
9. oldal - He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward ; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward.
47. oldal - For I think that God hath set forth us the apostles last, as it were appointed to death : for we are made a spectacle unto the world, and to Angels, and to men.
9. oldal - For modes of faith let graceless zealots fight; His can't be wrong whose life is in the right...
56. oldal - She openeth her mouth with wisdom ; and in her tongue is the law of kindness. She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness. Her children rise up and call her blessed ; her husband also, and he praiseth her. Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all.
69. oldal - But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create; for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy!
17. oldal - Instead of the thorn shall come up the fir tree, And instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle tree: And it shall be to the Lord for a name, For an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off.
56. oldal - Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be : but we know that when He shall appear, we shall be like Him ; for we shall see Him as He is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as He is pure.
14. oldal - Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church : and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
56. oldal - Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies. The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil. She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life. She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands. She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar.