Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
appear bands basques beauty black lace black velvet blond blue Bonnet bouillons bows called Capote Carriage Dress.—Robe close cloth colour composed continue correspond covered crape deep DESCRIPTION double Dress.—Robe of taffetas dresses edged effect elegant embroidered ends equally eyes face fall fancy fashionable favour feathers flounces flowers friends frills fringe front give green guipure hair hand head high body jacket body kind LADIES leaves light lined live LONDON AND PARIS look MAGAZINE mantelet material moire morning muslin narrow nature nceuds never ornamented persons pink placed plain PLATE plush popeline present pretty Promenade Dress.—Robe Public revers ribbon rich roses round rows ruches satin season Second side silk skirt sleeves sometimes stamped straw style taffetas trimmed tulle waist Walking Dress.—Robe wear whole wide wreath young
61. oldal - ... per month for each share, a stock or fund for the purpose of enabling each member thereof to receive out of the funds of such society the amount or value of his or her share or shares therein, to erect or purchase one or more dwelling house or dwelling houses, or other real or leasehold estate...
21. oldal - And spur my dull revenge ! What is a man , If his chief good , and market of his time , Be but to sleep , and feed? a beast, no more. Sure, he, that made us with such large discourse , Looking before and after, gave us not That capahility and godlike reason, To fust in us unus'd.
48. oldal - Because," said the noble Arab, " another man might be really ill, and men would fear to help him. You would be the cause of many refusing to perform an act of charity, for fear of being duped as I have been.
82. oldal - ... liberally bestowed ; in fact, whatever untiring industry and capital can accomplish, shall be achieved. While the Proprietors refer with pride and satisfaction to the past, they exultingly point to the future, and in evidence of their intentions to fulfil what they profess, the forthcoming Numbers will have additional care bestowed upon the Editorial Department ; and the French and German Correspondence will embrace every novelty of the season, and the latest intelligence upon all matters affecting...
78. oldal - BEFORE the stout harvesters falleth the grain, As when the strong storm-wind is reaping the plain ; And loiters the boy in the briery lane ; But yonder aslant comes the silvery rain, Like a long line of spears brightly burnished and tall. Adown the white highway, like cavalry fleet, It dashes the dust with its numberless feet. Like a murmurless school, in their leafy retreat, The wild birds sit listening the drops round them beat And the boy crouches close to the blackberry wall.
40. oldal - A ride of about fifteen miles, and a pleasant woodland ramble of about two, brought myself and companion to the great Natural Bridge. Although I had been anxiously looking forward to this time, and my mind had been considerably excited by expectation, yet I was not altogether prepared for this visit. This great work of nature is considered by many as the second great curiosity of our country, Niagara falls being the first. I do not expect to convey a very correct idea of this bridge, for no description...
48. oldal - But no sooner did Daher feel himself in the saddle, than he set spurs to the horse, and galloped off, calling out as he did so, " It is I, Daher. I have got the horse, and am off with it.